Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all. I bought a Mossberg Maverick 88 in January.Academy - Mossberg® Maverick® 88? 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun
Now I am looking to trick it out. I'm thinking an adjustable stock with a pistol grip, a shell carrier and a light. Hit me with your suggestions. Specific product links would be appreciated. Thanks.
There are so many sites to check out. What are you looking to do with the gun?

You can start at Midway and move on from there I guess...

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=mossberg+88

Here is the ATI site...

http://www.atigunstocks.com/18-mossberg

Here are some of the upgrades I went with. You can always search the names of the items and that will take you to many sites that sell upgrades for yours as well...

Remington 870 Tactical 18"
Streamlight PolyTac LED Flashlight with Elzetta ZSM Tactical Shotgun Flashlight Mount
Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps Gen II Adjustable Shotgun Stock
Blackhawk Knoxx PowerPak Modular Cheek Piece
Hogue OverMolded Forend
Burris Speed Bead Red Dot Reflex Sight
Remington Non-MIM Extractor
Remington 870 Police Carrier Latch Spring
Vang Comp Systems Stainless Steel Follower
Mesa Tactical Receiver Mount 6 Round Shotshell Holder( Not yet installed)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm talking about the way he's banging it into the wood and cement blocks in the videos. Magazine tubes are nowhere near as thick as shotgun barrels. They are basically rolled sheet metal tubes that are very thin. The barrel slips over the magazine tube. It does not support it longitudinally.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just showing the Breacher can take some abuse. Normally one wouldn't beat the crap out of an object with a breacher (except as a last resort). We haven't had a fail of any kind with mag tube mounted standoffs. Nor have any of our customers (over 200 now, including LE and military).
And before anyone starts down the "But why would you need one?" road.
Hopefully, you will never need one. No argument.
But much like my sidearm, I'd rather have it and never need it, than to need it once and not have it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I swear by Mesa Tactical. It is definitely heavier, but I like metal parts. Plus their fit and finish in my opinion is second to none.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You could make you're maverick 88 look like my 500. All you'd have to do is drill and tap the receiver for the rear ghost ring. Then you could either buy the barrel kit with the front ghost ring pre-soldered on from the factory and it will come with the rear ghost ring. Or you can buy just the sight kit and have the front soldered on. It was cheaper for me to buy the barrel kit. I swear by the mesa tactical leo stock with enidine hydraulic recoil buffer. It really tames the recoil. It also has a lifetime warranty.

I went with a tacstar side saddle but you can use mesa tactical if you want.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

·
Registered
244 Posts
There is a dude that had an auction on here for a mesa tactical leo stock for mossberg 500. Its 150.00 youd best jump on it at that price. That's what I paid for mine they are usually 300.00. oop s his doesn't have the hydraulic buffer like mine.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts