Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 590A1 with the heavy barrel, and I don't have any other shotguns to look at, so I wanted to compare how much more width is actually on the barrel. So any picture of a 12 ga. 500/590 right down the muzzle would be great (remember to unload first! haha). Any approx. measurements with a ruler would be helpful too. Just curious.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here you go, sorry it's on my cell so it's not the best:

business end:

outside dia. Of barrel:

doesn't have to what u ask but yeah... My point of views:

overall gun:

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pictures, mif_slim! And might I add, that is a sick boomstick you have there. How well does the red dot sight hold up the the recoil? I was thinking about putting an EOtech on mine, but don't know how well it would hold up.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok what are some brands for a rail mounting system on the reciever of a mossburg 500/ Maverick security 88? I cannot find the one I have seen now that I'm looking for it. I ask because the maverick security 88 has no rail on top and Im not sure if there are any mounting holes on top...so maybe one that mounts to the side of the reciever? I've seen them but who makes them?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your Maverick has screws in the top of the receiver then you can get any rail for a Mossberg.
I know but I have not seen the top of a Maverick security 88 yet..I just ordered it tonight and I cannot find any pics online that show the top to see if there are the screws in the top. I read somewhere that on the mossberg 500's they were there but on the older models pre dating 1911 only the newer ones supposedly do not so I'm wondering the same thing about the Maverick now.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the older models (M500) you have to tap and drill the holes to fit the top rail. For the newer ones (dont know if the 88 applies with them) they come with pre-tap/drill for mounting rails on it.

If not you can always look into sattle rail mounts. They run about 40-60 bucks though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts