Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife can sure surprise me sometimes. Although I never would have pulled the trigger on making this purchase, it was great to find it under the tree this Christmas.

Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme in 12-Gauge and 20-Gauge with 3" Chamber

Model 31482

While the gun has been great fun to shoot, after only 50 shells through the barrels, some rather annoying quality control issues have arisen.

I'm not going to complain too loudly though. Trying to buy me a gift that I like is a great big pain in the a$$ and my wife really, really, really enjoyed giving me this gift.

Love you, honey.:smile:

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I seriously considered one of those for HD, but went with the Mossy for higher shell capacity. Still on my wishlist though. I should know by now that after I've handled it it will have to be mine some day!:p Just curious though, what were the "quality control issues" you spoke of? The one I handled felt very nice and seemed to be well made, but I've never had opportunity to fire one...

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...day!:p Just curious though, what were the "quality control issues" you spoke of? The one I handled felt very nice and seemed to be well made, but I've never had opportunity to fire one...
As I was firing the first box of twenty five shells, the stock loosened up from the trigger mechanism just enough to cause a little sliver of wood to splinter away from the stock by the trigger guard. Also, before I tightened the stock back down, I wore a small groove in the wood by the thumb break.

The forestock rattles - a lot.

After I removed the recoil pad to tighten the stock, the recoil pad is loose. (This is my fault since I think I over tightened it)

Not the biggest problems, just some annoying issues.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, the wood on that coach gun looks great! I used to own a Baikal coach gun that I really liked, but I sold it to get one with external hammers. Haven't gotten around to it yet. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts