Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the club Saturday a little late. They was a couple of fellows already shooting. I got to talking with them and they were very friendly. They had come down from Nashville ( Mt. Juliet) I got to watching one was shooting a smurf gun. He was a sporting clay shooter and could smoke them skeet. That A400 was a eye catcher. The wood was beautiful had a matching blue weight end cap. The way this old world has got I enjoyed the day meeting new people and shooting. One thing I have to say is shooters are good people. Any of you out there have had a enjoyable experience like that?馃榾

Yeah, every year when the Snowbirds show up I meet a bunch of new people, start new friendships. They'll be here in another 2 months or so and I look forward to seeing them.

Had a guy show up today that I'd neve seen before and it turns out he lives in the same town I do. He also likes to shoot skeet with a .410 same as me, so he can't be all bad.

Registered
IMO Most Shooters are some of the Best people you're likely to run into (y)

I might be slightly bias ,as a NRA Master instructor :)

Super Moderator
Got to the club Saturday a little late. They was a couple of fellows already shooting. I got to talking with them and they were very friendly. They had come down from Nashville ( Mt. Juliet) I got to watching one was shooting a smurf gun. He was a sporting clay shooter and could smoke them skeet. That A400 was a eye catcher. The wood was beautiful had a matching blue weight end cap. The way this old world has got I enjoyed the day meeting new people and shooting. One thing I have to say is shooters are good people. Any of you out there have had a enjoyable experience like that?馃榾
What the hell was he doing shooting my gun? I wasn't there, I swear!:ROFLMAO:

Every day I go to a club and shoot with other folks is a good day

Registered
What the hell was he doing shooting my gun? I wasn't there, I swear!:ROFLMAO:

Every day I go to a club and shoot with other folks is a good day
Hey Old son, you aren't the only one shooting a 'Smurf gun'
Mrs.One eye and I enjoy shooting it also.
I think that it is one of the finest guns around
I do agree with you that every day we shoot at TBSC's we meet someone whose company we enjoy
That is the great thing about shooting outdoors. When we go to the pistol range we don't get that inter action with people

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flash you need to talk with them Florida shooters, they will clue you in ! O/U 12/20 you wouldn't happen to have a hot rod lincoln would you? ( commander cody, just noticed) Yes gentlemen when I seen that smurf gun I thought of you fellows.馃槑

Registered
I give up. What's a smurf gun? Never heard the term before.
A "Smurf Gun" is a Beretta A400 whose receiver is anodize aluminum with a blue color.
At one time there was a children's TV show about little blue gremlins called Smurfs
Then a bunch of Righteous Zealots had the show taken off the air because one of the male Smurfs carried a purse and none of them had pants on. There no anatomy shown but those folks thought it was damaging the brains of 3-4 year old kids. At this point I like to point out Donald Duck, Porky Pig, and a whole host of other cartoon characters that don't wear pants ! The folks I shoot with like to tease me when I drag mine out to shoot SC's until I hand them the gun and a couple of shells and they turn clays into fine red dust. Easiest way to convert them teasers !!LOL

Thanks one eyed shooter. It turns out I've actually seen one, shot a shell out of one, but had no idea it was called that.

Super Moderator
Hey Old son, you aren't the only one shooting a 'Smurf gun'
Mrs.One eye and I enjoy shooting it also.
I think that it is one of the finest guns around
I do agree with you that every day we shoot at TBSC's we meet someone whose company we enjoy
That is the great thing about shooting outdoors. When we go to the pistol range we don't get that inter action with people
You seem to be back feeling better................

Registered
Thanks one eyed shooter. It turns out I've actually seen one, shot a shell out of one, but had no idea it was called that.
Okay you just mentioned the one thing that I do not like about our Smurf gun !
When you shoot that gun it ejects the spent shell about 10 yards further than Tom Brady can throw a football. You NEVER want to stand too close to the right of a shooter with one of them in his hand ! LOL

Not so good for a reloader like me and out of the question for shooting doubles at trap.

Super Moderator
When I use mine, I shoot ammo I do not care to reload, like Federals, Win Universal, Estates, etc.

When I shoot my Nitro Golds, they get shot in an O/U

Registered
Not so good for a reloader like me and out of the question for shooting doubles at trap.
Correct, it is not the ideal gun for trap shooting. Unless you have a "catcher" on it.
And difficult to shoot doubles unless you are shooting with a small group and can keep the spot to your right open at all times.
But shooting SC's and skeet it is a beautiful gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts