Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pachmayr Vindicator Pistol Grip and Forend Kit

I'm really thinking about putting one of these on My Maverick security 88. My question is do any of you have this set or the grip itself installed on your shotty? If so could you post up a pic, I kind of want to see what it looks like installed. Also I've shot a mossberg/pistol grip from factory how much better does the pachmayr grip feel during recoil over a standard mossberg pistol grip? I was originally against a pistol grip for my HD shotty but after handling it more for the last month or so the length of pull? seems a bit too much and is not very natural feeling when shouldering the shotgun..I know I do eventually want to get a collapsable buttstock /pistol grip but I'm really liking how this set looks from pachmayr. any thoughts or helpful info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's your shotgun, do what you want...but, personally, I think that a PG'd shotgun is a terrible choice for a HD weapon.

It's harder to aim, slower to work the pump, and more difficult to control under recoil.

If it's not natural (not quite understanding this, but...), get a shorter buttstock (they make several different varieties).

I'll add, though; I have Pachmayr grips on my Contender; they feel great and do a good job of reducing recoil.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's not natural (not quite understanding this, but...), get a shorter buttstock (they make several different varieties).

I'll add, though; I have Pachmayr grips on my Contender; they feel great and do a good job of reducing recoil.
Yes by not natual I do mean it's awkward to shoulder because the butstock is too long for me. I do plan on getting colapsable M4 syled butstock in the future to reduce the LOP but still be able to shoulder it, I just do not have the money for a good one and do not want to buy a really cheap one. As far as a pistol gripped shotty I've shot one quite alot a mossberg with the factory grip and yes it was a bit punishing with #4 and lower down to the 000 that I shot once lol. But I seem to be a somewhat natural at point shooting or whatever you want to call it and made good hits on all of the targets I was shooting at both up close and further away.I also do not shoot from the hip though I can I raise it to about chest level and seems more natural to shoot that way than with the stock its got now. Thank you for the info and I'm glad to hear it does do a good job reducing recoil.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May I highly recommend this:

HOGUE : OVERMOLDED SHOTGUN STOCKS & FORENDS - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

or this:

SPEEDFEED : REDUCED LENGTH STOCKS - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

In the Hogues, look for the "Shortshot" stock for your shotgun (iirc, Mavericks use the same furniture as Mossberg 500's). You'll be much better off than a plain M4 stock.

Actually, before I'd run an M4 stock, I'd go with this:

SPEEDFEED : PISTOL GRIP SHOTGUN STOCK - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

The IV-S model is shortened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts