Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I may be in a position to pick up an old .410 side by side made by the Crescent Firearms Company and marketed by the H&D Folsom sporting goods company under the name "American Gun Company". What a mouthful right?
Anyway since I like old firearms and would only be shooting mild hand loads out of it, it has 2 1/2" chambers, what info does anybody have on these and what do you think of them?
Oh yeah, the seller is asking $375 but I think I can whittle that down a bit. Sorry, no pics at the moment. Thanks.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
My first shotgun was a single shot hammer gun made by Crescent in .410 bore. Got it when I was around 8 years old.

I've still got it and it still works. The firing pin broke around 30 years ago and I got a new one from Numrich arms.

Nice color case hardened receiver, full choke of course, but I like the gun.

If it were me, I'd buy the SxS you're looking at.

Not my pics but looks just like this one.
Wood String instrument accessory Tool Kitchen utensil String instrument

Audio equipment Gas Font Metal Grave

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My first shotgun was a single shot hammer gun made by Crescent in .410 bore. Got it when I was around 8 years old.

I've still got it and it still works. The firing pin broke around 30 years ago and I got a new one from Numrich arms.

Nice color case hardened receiver, full choke of course, but I like the gun.

If it were me, I'd buy the SxS you're looking at.

Not my pics but looks just like this one.
View attachment 14867
View attachment 14868
Thanks for the input. I'm hoping the deal goes my way.
Here's a pic of it.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............
Office supplies Writing implement Font Metal Writing instrument accessory

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's gone. A classic exposed hammer side by side in .410 bore?
I knew it wouldn't take long for it to find a home. :)
Oh well, I'll keep looking and an affordable .410 or 20 will turn up.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

·
Registered
132 Posts
Rule of thumb nearly any working firearm these days under $500.00 is snatched up ,with exception to single shot . Those had better be desirable collectables as in Antique maker specific and then those are gonna cost some coin ! .

Outside hammers ; Any of you remember those Russian 20" Coach guns by Baikal ?.
Well I do ,as I owned one back in the late 70's or early 80's . Brand new paid $120.00 for it . Took it rabbit hunting one day after work ,early models had Dbl triggers ; Well was doing pretty good with it had some decent Jacks ,when all of a sudden a cottontail out of nowhere come streaking by ,so I swung and pulled that front trigger and it went BOOM .
Had the Buttstock in My left hand and the barrel in My Right hand :oops: . Yep that dang thing popped both barrels with the front trigger and that cheap Birch or ? stock broke right in half , through the grip just in front of the comb (n)
So took it back got a refund and some years later bought an L C Smith ,with a collector friend of mine . He had a slew of them and I found a couple so we did a dbl buy . As everything they were a tad , as in a Big Tad lower priced back in the day :) Oh yea I got the rabbit but unfortunately wasn't worth skinning #6 Dbl barrel 20 yd did a number on it . (n)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts