Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad just handed down his old Remington Wingmaster 12 gauge and I am interested in buying a synthetic stock and forend for it. Will most accessories for the Remington 870 fit this gun?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My dad just handed down his old Remington Wingmaster 12 gauge and I am interested in buying a synthetic stock and forend for it. Will most accessories for the Remington 870 fit this gun?
I would only change the furniture if it's a real beater. Wingmasters are not cheap. If you want a tactical 870, I would recommend you just buy an 870 express. Keep the Wingmaster in it's original configuration.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To answer the OP's question--yes, any 870 furniture should work.

And to go further...

I would only change the furniture if it's a real beater. Wingmasters are not cheap. If you want a tactical 870, I would recommend you just buy an 870 express. Keep the Wingmaster in it's original configuration.
I recommend exactly the opposite--chop it if that's how you want it, replace the furniture if you want...a Wingmaster is nothing special.

Remington has made over ten MILLION 870's, and a good number of those are Wingmasters.

I took an old-school Wingmaster with the barrel numbered to the receiver and turned it from this:

Into this:

And couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm with the others who say don't do anything to that fine old gun, or if you do, don't do anything that can't be easily reversed and by all means keep the old parts.

I know your dad probably gave it to you without any strings but how does he feel about the changes you are contemplating?

You may want to hand it down to your young'n someday too. If I were you I'd look for a gun without any sentimental value to do the mods to.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 870 Express Super Magnum went from this:

To this:

And actually, since the last photo, I have installed a Hogue rubber forearm, installed a Pachmayr rubber slip-on grip (with fingergrooves) to the pistol grip, installed a flame green "Hi-Viz" front sight, replaced the plastic magazine extention tube with a metal extention tube, and cut the barrel down to 18.5 inches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts