Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't bought a shotgun in years as my interest is more in rifles and pistols. When I saw this Beretta at my LGS I couldn't resist and I don't know anything about these. My main use will be informal clay bird shooting with friends. It is my first 28 gauge shotgun and it came with no extra choke tubes or a case. Any info or opinions on this shotgun will be greatly appreciated.
Gold Amber Font Metal Fashion accessory
Musical instrument Wood Natural material Plant Grass
Glasses Sunglasses Automotive lighting Nature Eyewear
Wood Outdoor furniture Chair Plant Grass

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have three Beretta Onyx guns, 2 12 gauge and a 20 gauge. All mine are the black receiver. My 28 gauge is a SP 1 that looks a lot like yours. All are great guns.
Enjoy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I would like to obtain full choke tube also, does Beretta still use the same flush mounted tubes that will fit this shotgun? Looking at one of their websites the Mobilchoke looks the same so is this the correct type?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, those are Mobilechokes. However, I’d discourage you from getting a full choke and suggest IM as the tightest. With modern shotshells and their plastic shot collars, choke doesn’t make nearly as much difference as it once did. Unless you’re shooting at long range or shooting turkeys, the MOD choke that you’ve already got should be plenty. And whichever constriction you get, don’t buy it from Beretta, the most expensive source. Order it from Midway or someplace like that and save a few bucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, those are Mobilechokes. However, I’d discourage you from getting a full choke and suggest IM as the tightest. With modern shotshells and their plastic shot collars, choke doesn’t make nearly as much difference as it once did. Unless you’re shooting at long range or shooting turkeys, the MOD choke that you’ve already got should be plenty. And whichever constriction you get, don’t buy it from Beretta, the most expensive source. Order it from Midway or someplace like that and save a few bucks.
JDP thanks or the suggestion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fortunately the seller located the other 3 chokes that originally came with this Beretta so I'm all set there. Just purchased a case of Winchester AA target loads for my first outing. Looking forward to shooting some clays with my 1'st 28 gauge shotgun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts