Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else experience the SX4 shooting high ? From a lead sled at ranges from 25-45 yards with factory choke tubes supplied from Winchester , my gun is consistently 15-18 inches high with both 00 and 000 federal buckshot , this happens with all three choke tubes . This is a brand new gun and I’ve only cycled 15 shells through it

·
Registered
6 Posts
You write this like a “rifle guy” and you are not telling us nearly enough. Are you using a slug barrel with a scope or rifle sights? Is this a trap model (which should be doing about what it is doing.) How did you determine the point of impact? Please read several of the excellent articles on line about patterning a shotgun and get back to us.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Scribner is onto it. You don’t aim a shotgun, you point it. If you’re not looking straight down the rib at the bead, then it’s not shooting where you’re pointing it. It’s a matter of having the gun fit you. I don’t know much about the SX4, but it seems to be a new high tech type arm that is probably designed to be easily adjustable to fit.

If a shotgun is properly fit, you can shoulder it normally and have someone look from the muzzle end (please ensure that it is unloaded first) and the bead should appear to be centered in the shooters pupil.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue with mine but at 20 yards it's about 4-6 inches high and to the left. Hopefully I can get this issue resolved and you also

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
if changing chokes doesnt fix it, then it means the threads are non concentric in the bbl. (bad bbl)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts