Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snagged this after work today:

It's a Stoeger P350. Picked it up off of the local hunting board for $150. More than half off new price. He claims he didn't shoot it much as he usually shoots an 870. He was a little guy too and these are not little guy guns. He couldn't even reach the middle of the for-end. Anyway it came with all the original chokes, a Remington Choke wrench and the manual. He took the original bead site off and replaced it with a magnetic hi-vis style. I cleaned it all up tonight and it's in pretty good shape. I think I did good anyway. My brother has one and I've been wanting once since. I think I still like my Mossy 500 better but it never hurts to have another gun around. Especially for the right price.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the same gun as the Nova. Benelli and Stoeger are owned by the same company. The Stoeger is just made in Turnkey. Supposedly a few cheaper parts inside and the stock is removable. It's probably about the same ish as my 500. This gun has the 28 inch barrel. I'll let you know how it shoots. I hope to shoot it this weekend for a few rounds.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Thanks ;)

The reason I ask is because I have a Nova 28", love it & was looking to get a 18" barrel for it but the Benelli barrel is more than I paid for the shotgun.

Guess the Stoeger barrel would be the same story. :sad:

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shoots nice when it doesn't double pull a shell and jam the ****** up. I'm going to attempt to get Stoeger to warranty this thing. If not I'll work with it until I can get it to work or find a gun smith. I have a couple of ideas on what's going on but I gotta play with it first.

T.C.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called Stoeger this morning. They are going to warranty it! How about that. We'll see how long it takes. I've heard horror stories about taking 10 weeks! She said 2 - 3 weeks. We'll see....

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I got the gun back late last month or early this month. Cannot remember. Anyway wouldn't you know it. They replaced a **** load of stuff. Had a broken trigger pin bushing, missing a d clip and the drop lever was bent. They also put an original bead back on it and a new nicer choke and the Stoeger choke wrench. Claim they fired it with " 1 1 rounds - 2 3/4, 3, 3 1/2 -- AA, Fed, xpert, Kent -- No malfunctions."

I load up some new factory 2 3/4 shells and go out to my buddies place. Mother ****** still double feeds. So I call AGAIN. The lady was really rude. Border line bitch. Told her I tried 3 different brands and styles of 2 3/4 shells. (this will pretty much only ever been a trap gun) and it double feeds on all of them. She told me to send it back in. but that she wouldn't guarantee they could find anything wrong oh and that they wouldn't pay the SHIPPING! Seriously? They said it was fixed. I was fine the first time paying shipping but not the second. Good lord. Basically she said to take it to the local Soeger dealer and have them send it in. Last week I finally did just that.

So now I've had this gun for nearly 3 months. Never really shot it and it will be gone they think another 2 months. GGGRRRRRR! I knew I was taking a chance going into this purchase. That I'm ok with. Not at all satisfied though with Stoeger/Benelli customer service. Seems others I've talked to have the same feeling. Talked to a salesman at Cabela's last night and he said it was a common problem with these guns (which i knew) but that they always got sent in and came back functioning. Was surprised it wasn't functioning correctly. I had to laugh though. They had a P350 in the used area for 395!!!! If memory serves right it's a 300 dollar gun... and they are on sale a lot....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts