Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a new shottie and put a few rounds threw it sunday.it did ok but it was hard to load the fourth shell and it failed to eject one of the empties completely out.it was hanging out.

should i replace the follower in the mag tube? did i not bring the forend back far enough when ejecting?

i was using win super-x 2 3/4 00-buckshots

thanks!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since its new I would shoot it some more. How many rounds have ya put through it?

I bought a 870 express last year at this time, and I usually shoot the 7 1/2 shot they have at wally world, the 100 rounds for like $22 or so. I havent really had any problems.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clean the crap out of it and give her a good oil job. Should take care of the problem but it is possible that you are short stroking it to so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Butters, does yours have the factory mag extension tube? IF so there are problems with the installation on those, I just got an 870 express with the 18.5 barrel and +2 extension and had the same problem. Once I reinstalled it properly no problems.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have you unscrewed the barrel and taken the magazine plug out?

as for the empty sticking, the Super x buckshot isn't quite premium stuff. Probably had a shell bulging in it. it happens on buckshot more than any other stuff it seems.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, I've never had winchesters stick.

That's pretty much all I shoot is winchester shotgun ammo, and I've never had one stick in my guns. Look in the chamber to see if it's smooth, and clean. Seen shotguns with problems like that, and the problem is usually they're dirty. I know my new mossberg barrel came with some sort of cosmoline/preservative grease stuff in it, but I cleaned it first. Did you clean it before firing?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the Super X isn't bad. My mossberg has 5 in the tube right now.

but the shells bulge more than some of the premium stuff. Look at a PDX1 and a Super X hull and tell me there's not a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts