Shotgunforums.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. My name is Andre LeMoine and I live in Round Rock, Tx. Sitting here enjoying not being at work. Watching the snow and ice as I read through the forums. I have aquired a few shotguns in the last couple of years and enjoy dove hunting in the fall.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Howdy from the fridgid Gulf Coast of Texas and a 1981 UT Austin Alum. Y'all stay safe...

Chime in when you need or want.

Good luck and all the best.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome from SW Idaho. All good here weatherwise, but the western seaboard of Oregon is getting hammered, and we are getting some late season snow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much. Only belong to a couple forums. At 61 years of age I am going through my second childhood. Grew up in central Louisiana. Moved to Texas in 1975. Within the last few years I reached a place where I could hunt. A friend has land I am allowed to deer hunt on and another friend has a cattle ranch that supports a good population of mourning, white winged, and Eurasian collared doves. So, really anticipate opening of dove season each September. I am drawn to the older shotguns that I was around as a kid.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Get those old classic boomers oiled up and spin out some hunting tales for us. There are a few things that get my heart going like an upland game bird flush, but not many. I moved back to my home state to bird hunt again like I did when I was a kid, but I am so busy working and trying to turn this old farmstead into a home, I never seem to get out. Somebody needs to straighten out my priorities I guess. The pawnshops here are chock full of classic shotguns, the kids are trading them in for the latest 9mm this or that, or AR15 this or that. I can't own one or more of every one of them, but I would sure enjoy trying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts