Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest ; Nice piece of Claro or juglans Californica or hinsii or Black if one prefers . Cut many of those trees and Burls out of Northern California back in the day , oddly enough around Walnut Calif.

Ah if memory serves Me ; You chaps chopped up most of your juglans regia and put into the Galley's of the day ,so as to stave off or sink the Spanish Armada :) Good on Ya lad (y)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not sure what all that means but thanks for the welcome, does it mean the wood is good ?
Yes it's one of the preferred Woods of choice and as Oneounceload said , that surely didn't come factory stock on that shotgun . That slab of Walnut is IMO flame figured crotch AAAA select . A Beautiful piece of wood (y) Presentation grade AAA or above completely let finished checkered and fit can run into some serious monies . I'd venture a guess that your stock and forearm represent $1,500- $2K US in way of stock quality .
https://www.cpswoods.com/collections/gunstock-blanks

Gunstock Blanks from Walnut Crotches

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much for that invaluable information that made me smile, does that mean the @ $750 I paid for the gun last month in the UK was a good deal ?

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello again everyone,

I found out today from the original buyer of the gun, that the wood is an absolute premium and came from a 'Reserved Stock' at Remington and is irreplaceable.

Better not damage it then !;)

·
Premium Member
7,541 Posts
welcome.................

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good afternoon UK time,

I may be selling my Remington Wingmaster with the gorgeous walnut crotch woodwork, and wondered if anyone has any idea what I should ask for it ?

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts