Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maverick 88 Tactical in Flat Earth was my early Father's Day present. 7+1 with the 20" barrel. I already have a 28" 7+1 barrel on the way so I can start with skeet shooting too. I have used semi-automatics, double barrels, and pumps before but this is my first time owning one myself.

It will join my dad's Sears & Roebuck Ted Williams Mod 3T (aka Winchester 190) .22 and my Taurus Raging Bull Casull .454 in my gun locker.

Already have some goodies for both my long arms coming in. Looking forward to gleaning some good info and advice here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I bought a barrel that is near twice the price of the 88. Does that make me crazy or can I tell my wife I turned the 88 into "two" shotguns for cheaper than buying another one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I bought a barrel that is near twice the price of the 88. Does that make me crazy or can I tell my wife I turned the 88 into "two" shotguns for cheaper than buying another one?
It gets you what you need/wantwithout making your wife feel dejected about the gift she picked for you :). This is called marriage 101 you are getting an A+!

You can always upgrade in a year or two. A maverick will get you through!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I buy cheap and buy at pawn shop. I have probably over 3x more money tied up just in shotgun shells than I have in my guns. My Mossberg 835 is a killing machine, paid less than $200 for that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got to finally break my 88 in this past weekend. Not sure yet if it's worth what I paid for it yet, but that extra 8 inches on my 28-inch extra barrel sure made a difference in shooting clays. My heat shield was also a good investment as I more than once grabbed it by the barrel without thinking. Fun time shooting with the in-laws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts