Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, Folks,
Introductions to Forum members. Retired & concerned with the direction the Republic's being turned.
Late to this craft. As such, material availability severely restricted. Hopefully, a temporary scenario, but, suspect otherwise. Apologies in advance for redundant inquiries already submitted. Looking to relocate from immigrant flooded Kalifornia. Area suggestions well received.
Woody.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're a conservative, Arizona, Texas and a few others look good.

If you're not a conservative, Massachusetts and New York and New Jersey look good.

Welcome from Sunny Arizona.
Howdy. Constitutional Republic preferences. Lean towards Northern Redoubt. (Idaho), ... Ozarks, possibly. Have traversed Arizona a fair piece. Water shortage concerns handicap relocation, there. Maybe the White Mountains. The Panguitch, Utah area remains viable. ... Oklahoma has good bullion currency laws, .. and friendly folks. Joel Skousen's 'Strategic Relocation' is an oft sourced reference.
Unfortunately, the Federal Reserve is using all the fiat it's printing to buy up foreclosures caused by 'The Covid' shutdown, thus ballooning housing prices, and constricting options.
Round and Round.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
welcome............

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gentlemen,
Warm welcome well received. .... Zeeba, Pennsylvania certainly calls. Roots both sides originate there. Dad, Washington, PA. (Pittsburgh) .. Mom, Philadelphia. Both Non-Com Air Force. (met in the Berlin Airlift) .... areas there researched, document substantial ground water contamination. (PA #2 in contaminated ground water), .. but, have no current, personal knowledge.
Parameters primary in my research center around grid down scenarios. (natural/man made) This criteria immediately leads to a map search of active nuclear power plants, a high % of which reside east of the Mississippi. .... as such, at least, momentarily, .. caution overrides sentiment.
Perhaps a Mod could direct which field I should submit a question concerning reloading 12 gauge 2 3/4" with the only components I found available online. (Remington Gun Club hulls, Herco powder, 1 1/8oz wads) Gun is a Browning A5, Japanese. Herco's site data indicates primarily 1 1/4 oz. loads - up. Minimal with 1 1/8 oz.
Again, your welcome is appreciated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
After going to a fairly good gunshow last weekend and the lack of reloading supplies, powder, primers, shot and hulls, even the used reloading presses shotgun and metallic have dried up.
I would say if you do not have some supplies your kind of out of luck at this point. and welcome to reloading.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After going to a fairly good gunshow last weekend and the lack of reloading supplies, powder, primers, shot and hulls, even the used reloading presses shotgun and metallic have dried up.
I would say if you do not have some supplies your kind of out of luck at this point. and welcome to reloading.
Certainly mimics Easter egg hunts, currently. Scratched out a few components (mentioned in earlier post). Compatibility of said components is somewhat suspect, ... thus, my primary reason reaching out in this Forum. ... Need to find which area to post questions of compatibility. Constricted supplies warrant reloading primarily for defensive/survival purposes.
Unfortunately, my current location jettisoned gun shows decades ago. Need to find a location where a Constitutional mindset abides.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote"
Herco's site data indicates primarily 1 1/4 oz. loads - up. Minimal with 1 1/8 oz.
Again, your welcome is appreciated."
Yes Herco is used for heavy loads like for shooting ducks and geese, I have some Herco I got from a old reloader that past on, I use it for .44 magnum loads {see load data for pistol}

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote"
Herco's site data indicates primarily 1 1/4 oz. loads - up. Minimal with 1 1/8 oz.
Again, your welcome is appreciated."
Yes Herco is used for heavy loads like for shooting ducks and geese, I have some Herco I got from a old reloader that pasted on, I use it for .44 magnum loads {see load data for pistol}
Understood, as the Herco is marginal with 1 1/8 oz.. The components listed were all that were available, .. & it was Providence that directed my search, at that. So I'm grateful.
When I find the correct data, Herco will serve also the magnums.
I'm a peaceful man, but, Mt. 25: 4-7, admonishes us, if we are wise, to keep our lamps maintained in working order.
So be it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome from SoKal,
I also reload for my Browning Auto 5's, and I've found some components, mainly hulls and wads, took a while and too much cash for Primers, and shot... but that's the state of reloading now, unfortunately...
I'm a longtime brass reloader, so I had plentiful pistol/Shotgun powder.
Get a reloading manual, I grabbed the current one from Lyman, 5th edition I recall.
There's only certain combinations of Hull/Primer/powder/wads/shot oz that the manuals note, so seek from a good printed/manufacturer source...
Be safe..
I'm planning an escape soon as well...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Salutations, cerisecons, (& Mr. Tenn.) our circumstances ring similar. Equipment and manuals are current. Perusing Alliant's website has uncovered resourceful data. Many more recipes with given components than initially located. One item needing attention concerns available primers. T.R. Products L.L.C. The only 209's, sans GunBroker, available in months. No manual loading data mention this company. Hopefully, information will be found come time they're needed.
Am watching YouTube videos that substitute slingshot ball bearings for lead when reloading. Might be viable. Will research.
Exodus from California well underway.
Woody

·
Registered
7 Posts
Woody, those TR primers, are Federal 209A's, too much $, but in light of 0 available unless you want to give up kidneys etc to buy at Gunbroker...
I grabbed a bunch, and components from my local dealer, and I'm basically making the rounds for available retail purchase price, if you could find them... Components are rare and much more costly than the Spp/Srp etc I've bought in the past... Thankfully I stocked up well when things were good, if only I reloaded shotgun back then...

Keep your eyes open, and grab what you can.

I did see midway USA with primers and some powder, but they only allow 1k primers per purchase and the available powder was what I already have plenty of... So the additional cost of the Hazmat can't be spread over a larger order...

Keep positive...
I'd be out of Kali if the wife would make up her mind...

Chris

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts