Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up every one, my name is kurt and i live in Ny. I have been shooting since i could walk and i am now 19. I was looking into ar-15 builds but now with everything thats going on im looking to start getting into shotguns more instead. I currently own a rem 870 in 20 gauge which i am not so fond of at the moment. So i am in the market for a new shotgun that i have been dreaming up for a few weeks. i would love some help and advice if you guys could help.

heres what i have so far...

i have owned the 870 for a good 10 years and its time to upgrade, i would like to get a pump that can be used for everything. Range, hunting, and home. i was thinking of 18"-20" barrel with a removable choke, id like to have an extended tube with a collapsable stock. I have been looking at the Mossberg flex system and it looks nice to be able to swap around all the time. So please feel free to give some advice:D

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
keep what you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
keep what you have.
Yes i plan on keeping the 20 but i would also like a 12 with more versatility, i would like to have it mainly for a home/fun gun but i would like to be able to go to the range with it. i am just having trouble finding a 20" barrel with a removable choke on a gun that i like. I was thinking that maybe i could buy the parts separately and assemble them into one gun like you can do with an at-15, but i don't think it is possible.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You'll need more than a 20 inch barrel for skeet and trap. There are others on this forum who know more than I about shooting clays. I use a 12 gauge semiauto for skeet with a 28 inch barrel. A pump would be better for trap. A Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 combo will get you the slug barrel and a choked 28" barrel you can use for birds and clays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'll need more than a 20 inch barrel for skeet and trap. There are others on this forum who know more than I about shooting clays. I use a 12 gauge semiauto for skeet with a 28 inch barrel. A pump would be better for trap. A Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 combo will get you the slug barrel and a choked 28" barrel you can use for birds and clays.
i have done both with a 20gauge pump and a 18" barrel, I may not be perfect but its a ton of fun that way for me. As long as i have a decent choke in the 20" barrel i will be fine. I just cant find a good setup to choose yet.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :cool:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts