Shotgun Forums banner

New guy from Mo..

875 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  bobski 
#1 ·
I’ve had this old j.Steven & tool 12 ga for a couple years. Closet queen. Took it to a gun smith in Fenton, Mo. Stated I needed the two screws to mount the plate in the forearm one long screw & one short screw. Also missing is the wire spring that holds the locking spring into position to latch the forearm to the locking lugs under the barrel. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Bull Durham

#4 ·
I think Durham is describing an old Stevens single or double barrel. There is a primary and secondary spring in the forearm metal to hold it onto the barrels(s) in some models, and a long and short screw to hold the triggerplate (receiver bottom) on the 325/335 doubles. My "Guinea Pig" for case coloring and jointing is an early Stevens Model 335 and I am just starting to sort these Stevens doubles out. Not much information is available, but I am beginning to see manufacturing trends that date them. These are about the lowest end of the early American double shotguns, but they are worth restoration at least in my opinion. And welcome to the forum from SW Idaho!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.