Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(sorry for the typo thread should read: New 870 wrecked BY my X's cat

My x's dopey cat I am watching decided to take a leak on my 870 in a soft case which was open. Found it the next day.

Gun finish is destroyed and even after a few quick rub downs with Rem-Oil I have rust and paint missing on a week old boom stick. Looks like some of the finish is down to the bare metal.

What the heck do I do?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(sorry for the typo thread should read: New 870 wrecked BY my X's cat

My x's dopey cat I am watching decided to take a leak on my 870 in a soft case which was open. Found it the next day.

Gun finish is destroyed and even after a few quick rub downs with Rem-Oil I have rust and paint missing on a week old boom stick. Looks like some of the finish is down to the bare metal.

What the heck do I do?
Is the damage on the receiver or the barrel? If on the barrel get a new barrel. If on the receiver take it all apart and send it to get a new parkerized finish or blued finish. Shooting the cat doesn't fix your shotgun.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"New 870 wrecked my my X's cat"

I thought the first thing I would see opening this would be awesome cat gore. Maybe a pic in full camo holding its head up by the ears or something.

Duracoat the thing, then shoot the cat

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is the damage on the receiver or the barrel? If on the barrel get a new barrel. If on the receiver take it all apart and send it to get a new parkerized finish or blued finish. Shooting the cat doesn't fix your shotgun.
+1 for a voice of reason. The cat is just an animal and didn't do anything with ill intent like humans do. Just got to figure how to get it restored and move on.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
+1 for a voice of reason. The cat is just an animal and didn't do anything with ill intent like humans do. Just got to figure how to get it restored and move on.
Have you ever lived with a cat? We had one that would drop a deuce in the shoes of anyone who pissed her off. She "ran off" on day after doing it to me.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My ex watches my house and handles my office when I am out of town which is very often. 14 years after we split, and we are still great friends.

Her 3 cats are in my house and are pissed my 2 girls (cats) are here so the oldest (who lived with me when we were together) is acting up. I can't blame the furball and would never harm her seeing how my cats invaded "her" space.

Receiver, barrel and the extension tube and cap are all damaged. The receiver is the part that has large areas of bare metal. I can live with a discolored barrel and extension tube on a HD gun, but the receiver is bugging me out.

I know what bluing is - did a poor job restoring my old 22 but what actually is parkerizing? Is it as good as the NEW finish on my XD?

In Florida I am close to the ocean and in TN I never tun on the AC. Would parkerizing help maintain the finish?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have you ever lived with a cat? We had one that would drop a deuce in the shoes of anyone who pissed her off. She "ran off" on day after doing it to me.
Yep. Have two now. They are quirky for sure. Still, no way I am giving a cat enough credit to piss on a gun to ruin it as part of a revenge plot. If you do, you might want to loosen the tin foil hat and relax a bit. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts