I am looking to possibly purchase a Saiga 12 shotgun; Although I have a few questions regarding. I am really new regarding Saiga/AK type firearms.
1. Who actually produces the Saiga?
2. Is Saiga itself the brand name or a variant type of shotgun?
Hmmm. Model name.
3. What should I be looking for in variations between models?
4. Is there a noobie friendly website or guide I could be directed to for more information.
5. What are the legalities involved with converting a Saiga to a pistol grip format?
Check your local laws, each state is different. It is NEVER a good idea to get that kind of advice from random strangers on the Internet. Having said that there are certain rules (922R) concerning number of US made parts that have to be on the weapon if it possess certain features.
The following link spells it out pretty clearly i think.
BUT DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!!