Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Mexican acquaintance (language barrier) he says his Stevens 16 gague single shot # 21602 will not shoot. That's all the info. supplied !!!! Broken firing pin, firing pin spring
any parts available ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
First you need to find out what model it is and then have a gunsmith or someone else capable figure out what the actual problem is. With that info you may be able to find any parts needed at Numrich.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...........

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks Dr. T I'll try to get more info. Does anyone know if the # supplied is relevant or meaningful ? I'm flying blind on this one the shotgun is in MX.
Just guessing but I imagine that what he sent you is the serial number. Can he take a pic of the barrel where the shotgun's info is stamped? Then you'll have the info you need to ID the shotgun and the experts here (not me :)) may be able to offer suggestions about what the problem might be.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once again thanks for the reply, Here are the challenges: #1 Mexican beach vendor. #2 He is in the state of Jalisco. #3 Shotgun is in the state of Gerero. #4. He is communicating with family members
with very limited knowledge. #5 My incompetence ! Spanish lessons for me ? Hay Karumba think I'll just have another Tequila !!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are you doing this by email or phone? If email find somebody where you live that can write in Mexican and have them compose an email describing what info you need and include a couple pics of the info on one of your shotguns as examples of what and where the info is.
Along with a pic or two of the info have them send you full pics of both sides of his shotgun too.
By phone would be more difficult but still possible with a competent Mexican speaker, especially if they were familiar with firearms.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts