Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, a shorter bbl would look good.
I was just trying to break up the solid black on mine for dove season.
unless that is one of the high performance baked on paints, your probably gonna loose the paint on your magazine pretty quickly. Atleast on my Maverick, I had worn off the parkerizing even before I had painted it.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
same herre, I was worried so I taped up every little hole, even the porting. I really like it now! I need a red dot on it though. You think tru glo would work? THey seem reliable.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL - I get scarred as crap every time I started doing anything to modify my guns... Never (knock on wood) had any problems, bu I'm always so scarred :)
The only thing I have done more than roll marks on is my maverick. I figure with a $150 NIB price tag, I cant hurt the value.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I parkarized my 1911 (well, someone helped me that actually knew what he was doing) and it turned out really nice. I don't think I'd try it on my own - not anytime soon anyway - I just don't have the tools do get it done (bead blaster, air compressor etc.)

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is nice to have a gun or guns that you don't mind customizing just how you want them, as you know that you'll never sell them. They are the ones that you can really enjoy and not worry about.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Nerd,

Tell me a bit about the process. I've been toying with the idea of bead blasting my 870 to Parerize it. It's on the 'to do' list after I get all the pieces I want together.

Cheers!

John
Check out this thread - I discussed it over on USA Carry, cause one of the other board members actually helped me... he had all the solutions and tools to do it.

Results: Parkarize job by RedHat

The pics got accidentally deleted - I'm kicking myself in the butt over that - I had the whole thing documented in pictures, then like a dummy, deleted them by accident...

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Nerd. I've copied those instructions to think about. Hmmmm, stainless steel tank. Makes sense over other METAL tanks. I wonder if you could get by with a plastic tank/trough for the process. Oh, er, uh, might be hard to heat, mightent it! :(

Any ideas where to find an inexpensive stainless steel tank?

Cheers!

John

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Nerd. I've copied those instructions to think about. Hmmmm, stainless steel tank. Makes sense over other METAL tanks. I wonder if you could get by with a plastic tank/trough for the process. Oh, er, uh, might be hard to heat, mightent it! :(

Any ideas where to find an inexpensive stainless steel tank?

Cheers!

John
Any food supply company should have them pretty cheap - like a serving tub you might see on a food buffet is what we used.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts