Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first shotgun today at a gun show. found me a remington 870 express supermagnum for 325 tax included. Now all i need to do is find an 18.5" barrel and a better stock and my dream shotty is complete!:D

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely can't go wrong with the 870. I love mine. I haven't got too much into the after market parts, but I hear they're pretty easy to modify.

Randy

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are several good choices.
dont rule out the functionality of the factory stock.
Alot of people will go with a short LOP stock to allow them to square up more.
the pistol grip only is a bad idea. they cannot be shot accurately and they cannot be controlled properly.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there are several good choices.
dont rule out the functionality of the factory stock.
Alot of people will go with a short LOP stock to allow them to square up more.
the pistol grip only is a bad idea. they cannot be shot accurately and they cannot be controlled properly.
^^^^ what he said! and congrats on the new pump! 870's are the only way to go in my opinion, i've got 2 of em!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the 870 is a good gun. Im more of a mossberg fan myself. I dont way the loading gate is on the 870.
agreed. I went to the store with the intention of purchasing an 870, but just did not like the controls. None of it made sense to me. Safety location, action release location, and I don't like the loading gate. Great shotguns with great reputations, but just not for me.

Bought a mossberg. Safety location, action release,and loading tray make much more sense, to me at least. That and I read too many things about the QC of the newer 870 expresses. Maybe i'll give an older used wingmaster a try.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on the new shotty. Just purchased one myself (a mossy). Was going to do a dual purpose type gun but then thought I'll get the HD shotty now and I'll have an excuse to buy another shotty when and if I get into hunting. Enjoy and happy shooting

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got a chance to shoot it today down at the local trap shooting range. It performed wonderfully although i wish i could say the same about myself. i think this shotty is gonna make me happy in the future.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the same, got it about 3 years ago for 500 something bucks. I have no issues with the grip and its as accurate as anything else. The only issues is that the 870 Express Super Magnum has issues shucking at times. But you may have gotten a lucky one. Did yours come with a full choke?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts