Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I want to first say thank you for letting me join your group. I grew up with my fathers Parker shotgun on a gun rack above the headboard of my bed. He was the second owner and used it to hunt pheasant and partridge here in Michigan. I'm not sure if it's allowed but I would like someones help pricing it's value and posting it for sale in the classified section of this forum. If you're interested in helping me please let me know what parts you would want pictures of and any other information you would need. Admin please delete if not allowed. Thanks for your help. Scott

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Welcome. It always seems a shame when someone wants to sell a piece of their family history, but that's your choice.
It would help if you took good, clear pics of the gun, but the entire gun and closeups of markings, etc.

If we can't get you the help you need, there is a Parker Gun forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree it is a shame. My children were born after my Father passed away so they have no physical connection and when I pass away I have no one to leave my guns to. Not to get political but my Father was a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and I plan on taking the money from the sale of his gun and donating it. I know deep down he would be happy with my actions. I will take some pictures and post them here. Thanks for your help. Scott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I joined the Parker gun collectors Association and submitted the same pictures on their forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
As for donating the proceeds, there may be a youth shotgun program in your area that could use the $$ help. Or maybe let then have it as a fund-raising raffle. SCTP is one program that is nationwide, getting youth involved in the shotgun sports.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would list it on Gunbroker.com let the market determine the value. List it for the longest time period to give it better exposure. You can also put a reserve on the auction if not met no sale. I would put the reserve at 1200.00 with a buy now price of 1600.00. You can always lower it if not successful

1 - 12 of 12 Posts