Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and looking to post some pics real soon, but till then could anyone give me some info on fastening a muzzle brake. The barrel is not tapped or threaded with i some soldered on iron scope. Could I find one to slip over the barrel and silver solder or jb it? Maybe after some custom milling to fit around sight? Any suggestions welcome...Thanks..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
new guy from cincinnati

My first build is a stevens 320 field/tactical. So first fifty or so rounds notice magizine cap keep coming loose. Disassembled the firearm and noticed the magizine tube was coming out. Stubbern I wanted it fixed now not when ever someone gets to it. Brought to a gunsmith in milford,oh LMG. Fantastic experience, squezzed me in the day I called. We pulled the magizine tube out to see that is was threaded in to plastic holder. He dremelled the plastic out of the tube, cleand the hole in the reciever and applied a light coat of Jb weld. So far 400 rounds or so and no more issues with that.

Now, the next issue after 150 round was the action bars had broken their welds off the slide tube. Welded it back and no more issues with that. the gun is very cheaply made hince the price, but a lot of wear through out the gun.

Anyway, this is my gun and i'll fix her and move on. So made some mods and looks pretty good. Hate to say that and not show it yet but i will and soon. Looking to get some opinions, suggestions, complaints whatever. I've got pretty intamite with it and might be able to answer some questions on this paticular model. Thanks for reading..:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just chopped & threaded My Saiga 12 so I could install a brake/flash

you can do the job yourself, you dont need a lathe or gunsmith, you need the right tool...a TAT (thread alignment tool)

you can buy the DIE TAT & die handle from carolinashootersupply but its about $100...so buy the TAT from them for $15...the go to ebay and buy the dies from merlintools it was $23
22mm x 75 Metric Right Hand Die M22 x 0 75mm Pitch | eBay
this thread will allow any brake/ flash suppressor, or threaded barrel shroud from the wide variety of Saiga 12 parts available

there is nothing difficult the TAT makes the threads perfectly straight, actually its so easy ....I couldnt find my die handle & I actually used a pipe wrench to turn the die & cut my threads...again its the TAT thats the important part here

then when i was done I sold the die & tat on ebay got my money back including the shipping charges....and there were 24 guys had my TAT & die on their watch list...you will have no trouble getting your money back if your going to use this one time

I just ordered the dies & tats for 7.62 & 22LR to play the same game again
if you have never cut a thread I will make you a video when I cut the rest of my calibers

hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first build is a stevens 320 field/tactical. So first fifty or so rounds notice magizine cap keep coming loose. Disassembled the firearm and noticed the magizine tube was coming out. Stubbern I wanted it fixed now not when ever someone gets to it. Brought to a gunsmith in milford,oh LMG. Fantastic experience, squezzed me in the day I called. We pulled the magizine tube out to see that is was threaded in to plastic holder................

·
Super Moderator
6,638 Posts
Unless you are breaching your own door, really no need for one. If you think it is cool-looking, that is one thing, but neither really have no practical use for 99.99999% of folks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tacticool22.com makes a barrel end adapter that slides over the muzzle that is 1/2-28 threads, which is the size of most muzzle break and silencer threads. They run about 30 bucks. The also sell the breaks and silencers. Hope that helps! Don ;o) They are American made too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts