Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one?I like thats its over and under 12 gauge and thinking about picking one up and just wanted to know everyones thoughts before i spend the cash. thanks

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
run away, run away...

the maverick over / unders have the same issues as the Mossberg silver reserve. A couple guys on shotgunworld have gotten them with their issues.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have any personal experience with one. and given forums are a collection of complaints, Mossberg SR has several complaints, and everyone that has mentioned having a Maverick O/U has the the same complaints.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you be more specific with the complaints? I have a mossberg 500 that I still have not once cleaned and have dumped 1,000's of rounds through without a single issue just to see if it can take the abuse.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are talking about the PUMP Maverick, the 88, you shouldn't have a problem. I've shot more than just a few, my parents own one now. They are perfectly fine weapons. They are made by Mossberg and only have minor differences.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could you be more specific with the complaints? I have a mossberg 500 that I still have not once cleaned and have dumped 1,000's of rounds through without a single issue just to see if it can take the abuse.
Shotgunworld.com • View topic - "Silver Reserve" Serial Numbers
Shotgunworld.com • View topic - Silver Reserve: has anyone ever had a good one?
Shotgunworld.com • View topic - Mossberg/Maverick Hunter O/U any info?
If you are talking about the PUMP Maverick, the 88, you shouldn't have a problem. I've shot more than just a few, my parents own one now. They are perfectly fine weapons. They are made by Mossberg and only have minor differences.
the pump guns are great. the mossberg silver reserve and the maverick cousin O/U is another story.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This thread is not about Silver Reserve and the last thread about the Mavericks no one had anything bad to say about it. :-?
IF you read the first post, it is about an O/U Maverick, which is the same gun as a Silver Reserve.;)

And to the OP--I have a buddy with a Silver Reserve; he may have gotten one of the few decent ones...but he doesn't shoot it heavily, either.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IF you read the first post, it is about an O/U Maverick, which is the same gun as a Silver Reserve.;)

And to the OP--I have a buddy with a Silver Reserve; he may have gotten one of the few decent ones...but he doesn't shoot it heavily, either.
good to hear your buddy got a good one.

I know quality improves over time. maybe mossberg got the issues worked out. The SR hasn't been out long compared to other product lines.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maverick O/U

Does anyone have one?I like thats its over and under 12 gauge and thinking about picking one up and just wanted to know everyones thoughts before i spend the cash. thanks
I have one and took it to the range last weekend. This is my first at putting many rounds through this gun. I was firing OO buck 3" magnums at a target at 15 yards to check out the patterning and when I pulled the trigger both barrels fired at once, ow! So I put some very light target loads in the gun and put another 20 rounds through it and had no more malfunctions. I'm a little nervous about this gun now and if it happens again it will go to a gunsmith to get checked out. Other than that one very painful issue, I really like this shotgun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.