Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Mossberg 930 Tactical today!!!

Man this weapon feels great and I can't wait to get out to the range with it. Sadly, the local range is closed over the weekend due to Easter. Looks like I'll have to just drool over it for another week until I can get out to the range to take her for a test drive...

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice shotgun...

Except--and this is just a personal thing--but why does Mossberg have to put those ridiculous breachers on most of their shotguns nowadays?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice shotgun...

Except--and this is just a personal thing--but why does Mossberg have to put those ridiculous breachers on most of their shotguns nowadays?
It's so they can call it "tactical" and sell more of 'em! :p

I picked this model out because it came with the shorter 18.5" matte black barrel and factory heat shield. The stand-off device certainly isn't necessary, but it wasn't a deal breaker.

Besides, it'll come in handy around Christmas time when the Mrs. needs to make some star shaped cookies... :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice photos! I'm a hairbreadth away from the same purchase. Originally looked at 930SPX but I think the 5shot tactical will do just fine. One question, can you add a magazine extension to this gun with the breached barrel? Looks like it might impede due to size.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a 930 tactical a while back and am just now getting around to work on it a little. My question is about the 4 screws on top of the receiver. Do they go to anything or do they come out so that you have mounting options? It is my first shotgun so I don't know.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I bought a 930 tactical a while back and am just now getting around to work on it a little. My question is about the 4 screws on top of the receiver. Do they go to anything or do they come out so that you have mounting options? It is my first shotgun so I don't know.
The four screws are for mounting a rail. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411908020.284395.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now all I need to finish my 930 is some ghost ring sights and maybe a heat shield just for looks. Any suggestions? I'm cheap but keep in mind we all have budgets to live by.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice photos! I'm a hairbreadth away from the same purchase. Originally looked at 930SPX but I think the 5shot tactical will do just fine. One question, can you add a magazine extension to this gun with the breached barrel? Looks like it might impede due to size.
I myself have the 5 shot tactical and am doing a few things to it. Get a +2 and it wont extend past the opening of the breacher.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Now all I need to finish my 930 is some ghost ring sights and maybe a heat shield just for looks. Any suggestions? I'm cheap but keep in mind we all have budgets to live by.
Ati has a heat shield with ghost ring sights on it for $20-$30, two birds one stone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts