Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I have the choice of buying a new Mossberg 930 SPX or a like new but used Bennelli M1 Super 90. The Mossy is $559 and the Benelli is $825. Money is somewhat important but, in the long run, I wonder which one I will be happier with. Whichever I buy will be mostly an HD weapon but I do intend on shooting it regularly.

Looking for experience and opinions on the pros/cons of the choice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a M1S90, and love it. It always works, it's a fairly light shotgun (I mainly use mine for hunting), and well, it just plain rocks.

I like it so much, in fact, that I'm somewhat looking for a second one to tac out for a social shotgun.

Now, to be honest, I don't know much about the Mossberg...but, I can't recommend the Benelli highly enough.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely the Benelli.

I work at a trap field every monday night and pull sporting clays every 1st and 3rd sunday of the month (as well as being an avid shooter of both.) I wouldn't trust a mossberg semi-auto to hold up reliably for consistent shooting. Their pumps last forever though.

Benelli has a very solid reputation for quality and longevity. It's definitely worth the extra cost over the Mossy.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If cost is not a factor I'd agree with just about everyone...go with the Benelli...and I say this as a guy going to look at a Mossberg 930 SPX tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 930 SPX and in my case it has been 100% reliable. I have no experience with the Benelli. I don't think you would wrong either way though. These semi-autos are wild. The closest thing to a machine gun I have ever shot. I mean you want to talk about the maximum amount of lead in the air in the shortest amount of time. Wow!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You'll love the 930 SPX!

You'll love the Mossy 930 SPX. I absolutely love mine! The 930 is excellently made and designed. You won't be sorry. I know that the Benelli has a good reputation, but the 930 has just about everything that you pay a premium for on the M1, but at a much more resonable price.

Bad-ass on a budget:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts