Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kind of understand their concept, because when I shoot my Pistol Grip Shotty I have to hold it down at almost waist level, and my "pumping" hand feels a little strained.

It looks like something for breaching doors.

Here's the funny thing:

If the "Chainsaw grip" was marketed by MagPul, everybody would be talking about how it was the greatest thing since sliced bread!

;)

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still as gay as it was a few months ago...
I don't quite understand why people hate on this gun. First of all, if you want a Mossberg 500 with tactical rails on the fore grip and an 18.5 breacher barrel this is your only/best option. If you don't want the chainsaw grip, its optional, take it off. Sure, you could buy a standard Mossberg 500 cruiser or persuader and add this fore grip (not the chainsaw grip) for an extra $40-60 (or whatever they cost) and put it on but you still wouldn't have the breacher barrel. Again, this is your best option; least amount of mods, most cost effective. If you wanna run your mouth about the chainsaw grip, save it because its optional. Its like bitching about a pistol coming with a speed loader. If you don't need it, don't use it. Simple. Also, this nonsense about the gun not having a practical purpose is just moronic. Pistol grip pumps are small and get the job done in close combat situations such as home defense. No one is suggesting you go bird hunting with this thing. Obviously pistol grip shotguns are preference as some people prefer a full stock however does that make it necessary to bitch and moan online about it ("Wahhhh you like a pistol grip and I dont!"). Grow up. This weapon is perfect for home defense with or without the "chainsaw" grip. Bottom line: Defend your home the way that fits you and keep your close minded opinions to yourself. :idea:

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't quite understand why people hate on this gun. First of all, if you want a Mossberg 500 with tactical rails on the fore grip and an 18.5 breacher barrel this is your only/best option. If you don't want the chainsaw grip, its optional, take it off. Sure, you could buy a standard Mossberg 500 cruiser or persuader and add this fore grip (not the chainsaw grip) for an extra $40-60 (or whatever they cost) and put it on but you still wouldn't have the breacher barrel. Again, this is your best option; least amount of mods, most cost effective. If you wanna run your mouth about the chainsaw grip, save it because its optional. Its like bitching about a pistol coming with a speed loader. If you don't need it, don't use it. Simple. Also, this nonsense about the gun not having a practical purpose is just moronic. Pistol grip pumps are small and get the job done in close combat situations such as home defense. No one is suggesting you go bird hunting with this thing. Obviously pistol grip shotguns are preference as some people prefer a full stock however does that make it necessary to bitch and moan online about it ("Wahhhh you like a pistol grip and I dont!"). Grow up. This weapon is perfect for home defense with or without the "chainsaw" grip. Bottom line: Defend your home the way that fits you and keep your close minded opinions to yourself. :idea:

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you. This chainsaw shotgun is worthless in everyway. Pistol grips are only usefull if you're an action hero on the set of a movie. When was the last time you saw an LEO with a pistol grip shotgun? Second, the chainsaw dohickey on this gun serves no purpose, and actually would hinder the shooter. It will be much harder to keep on target, and much harder to chamber another round. Third, the breacher barrel. I can't think of a situation that I would ever ever ever need to breach a door with a shotgun barrel. Can you? When was the last time you found yourself breaking through a door, and thought, "A shotgun sure would be handy right now." I don't break through doors often, but when I do, I use my boot. Finally, the price. This thing sells for 380.00 on buds. They also sell the field combo for 330.00, that has an 18.5" barrel, 28" vented barrel, and the worthless pistol grip incase you get a role in an action movie. The field combo is much more gun for 50 bucks less.

I guess to each his own, but this chainsaw shotgun has to be one of the most non functional shotguns I have ever seen.

Also, welcome to the board. Great first post.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you. This chainsaw shotgun is worthless in everyway. Pistol grips are only usefull if you're an action hero on the set of a movie. When was the last time you saw an LEO with a pistol grip shotgun?
Well first off. LEO's aren't the "be all end all" when it comes to weapons. I've seen plenty of pictures where soldiers and SOF operators are carrying sawed off "pistol grip only" pump action shotguns. Are they needed in the civilian world? Probably not, but it doesn't mean there is not a use for them. If you've ever tried shooting a pistol grip stock around a corner vs a normal stock, then you can clearly see which of the two are more comfortable, and since many people buy these shotguns for home defense, the chances of having to shoot around cover may be low, but a chance nonetheless. I agree that the chain saw handle is hideous and useless. And yes, nobody is probably ever going to need to breach a door, but the barrel can always be used to cause blunt force trauma if the need arises. So this shotgun is not completely useless IMHO, it just isn't practical for most people.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you've ever tried shooting a pistol grip stock around a corner vs a normal stock, then you can clearly see which of the two are more comfortable, and since many people buy these shotguns for home defense, the chances of having to shoot around cover may be low, but a chance nonetheless.
I can honestly say that I have never tried shooting a pistol grip or a normal butt stock around a corner. I can't think of any reason I would ever shoot a shotgun blindly around a corner. I like to aim at what i'm shooting at. :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts