Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’ve been interested in a model 42 skeet grade for several years. I haven’t been tracking prices for a while but I had a friend reach out recently offering to sell me his. He offered me first dibs since he knew I’ve wanted one. He’s asking $3000. He stated its a 1953 mfg (S/N 101XXX). Solid rib “completely factory.” Barrel and receiver numbers match. Doesn’t state skeet on the receiver but that wasn’t typically the case on skeet grade 42s correct? Attached are a few photos.

Just want to make sure it’s a safe buy as I’m a bit out of touch with current prices.

Thanks,

Jeff

Attachments

· Registered
661 Posts
That looks to be an exceptional specimen. That being said...is it worth $3K to you??

If so, get it!

Prices are all over the place in those that I have seen locally. Most are WAY overpriced.

Here is a Skeet Grade on sale at Collector's Firearms in Houston for a little less than $4K. It has a Simmons rib that could have been added by request of Winchester. There is no Skeet marking on the receiver.

Winchester 42 Skeet Grade .410 Gauge (W10192) (collectorsfirearms.com)

The 42 was the first shotgun I ever hunted with as a young man. Borrowed from a Great Uncle. I still love them and keep my eye out, but never found one I couldn't live without. :D

Good luck and all the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts