Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a maverick 88 security model. I took it to the range and tried several buck shot and slug loaded from Remington, Federal, and Winchester. The only brand I didn’t have a problem with was Remington. The issue I am having is failure to fire. I would shoot a few and it would go bang every time. Then I’d pull the trigger and here a click. When I would eject the unfired round, it would have a small light primer strike. After a second or third it, it would fire. The federal, and Winchester both did this periodically. I am uncertain what is going on with the gun. I insured that I cleaned the gun very well before it’s first use. I would like advice on how to fix this issue and make this gun as reliable as I know it can be. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have sent mossberg a message to see what they say. I’m sure it’s just a weak spring, or possibly user error. I’m and old 870 pump guy that is switching over to Mossberg due to the current situation the last few years with Remington. I have looked at the Mcarbo spring set that makes the trigger pull better and also gives it a stronger hammer spring than factory. Is their a mossberg 500 FCU that I could drop in that might fix the issue? Again I’m new to mossberg so this is all a learning curve

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have sent mossberg a message to see what they say. I’m sure it’s just a weak spring, or possibly user error. I’m and old 870 pump guy that is switching over to Mossberg due to the current situation the last few years with Remington. I have looked at the Mcarbo spring set that makes the trigger pull better and also gives it a stronger hammer spring than factory. Is their a mossberg 500 FCU that I could drop in that might fix the issue? Again I’m new to mossberg so this is all a learning curve
Unfortunately, our Maverick 88s are not compatible with the 500 FCU. Was this a new Shotgun or used?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts