Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had a maverick 88 for several years now. Had it out in the woods and was going to clear the weapon and the bolt jammed halfway back. After very carefully stripping the weapon and extracting the live shell I found the cause of the problem. One side of the elevator was pushed into the bolt area and was stopping the bolt from moving fully rearward. After reassembling I noticed that you can take a pen or a stick and press on the elevator pin above the trigger and press the it into the bolt area and recreate the jam. Best I can tell is something in the bush did this. I am now jokingly calling this the jam button.

Has anyone seen this before?

Does anyone know if there are any replacement pars or upgrades to fix this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can probably find replacement parts over at Mossberg. (you may have to call them, they should have a diagram with a parts list)

You may not need a replacement part for it, just make sure that the Pin is always in position before taking the Gun out.

Weird though I've probably put a couple thousand shells through my maverick 88, and haven't had any jams. The extractor is getting a little worn out but that's about the extent of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts