Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to see a forum on shotguns. My congratulations to whoever cooked this one up. I can see some relaxing hours ahead when I can talk about smoothbores.

There's nothing quite so relaxing as strolling through the September woods in central Washington with a double-barrel shotgun, and I have three and am working on four.

I've killed a bunch of grouse with my vintage 12-ga. Beretta (fixed full and mod. chokes) and am working up a feather count with a 20-ga. Stoeger and a .410 bore Stoeger, both Uplanders.

All three have fixed chokes and double triggers.

On my radar screen is a Franchi Instinct L, with the color case frame. A pal of mine owns the SL with the lightweight aluminum frame and it's a sweetheart.

But S/S/ doubles....you can't get enough of 'em! At least I can't.

I bought the Beretta more than 40 years ago. It's got a straight English style grip, 3-inch chambers, roll engraved receiver, deeply blued barrels, Monte Carlo comb and it's just a dandy to shoot.

Once while I was hunting ringnecks in a cornfield near my place, a guy walked up to me and offered to buy it. No sale! :D

One day when I retire, I'm hoping for year-round Septembers and lots of fat blue grouse in the high reaches.

We now return to reality.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 4 side by sides, 2 I inheirited, a GH grade Parker 10 gauge, and a Vulcan (VH) grade 12. I also have 2 Foxes, a Sterlingworth, and a Super Fox. Ive lusted after a British double for years. Nothing else feels as natural to me as a double.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 4 side by sides, 2 I inheirited, a GH grade Parker 10 gauge, and a Vulcan (VH) grade 12. I also have 2 Foxes, a Sterlingworth, and a Super Fox. Ive lusted after a British double for years. Nothing else feels as natural to me as a double.
Ah, you have me out=barreled!

:D

Be careful what you lust after...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad to have you here, Dave. You are the bright ray of sunshine on the 2nd Amendment for Washington state and a true hero as far as I'm concerned.

My home defense weapon of choice:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ah, you have me out=barreled!

:D

Be careful what you lust after...
Yea, I know ,Dave, but its a sickness, OOPS, dont tell NYS, they'll say I have a mental disorder, and am a danger and cant own a gun.:( But I guess Connecticut and possibly soon Maryland are gonna be worse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts