Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magpul Shotgun Accessories? « Soldier Systems

Magpul Shotgun Accessories?
That's right, Magpul is going to release their first parts for the ubiquitous 870. Look for an MOE Forend (not compatible with Super Mag) and SGA Stock at SHOT Show in booth #20163.

The MOE Forend is a drop in replacement for the factory version and features extended length and front/rear hand stops. Since it's MOE it's compatible with current MOE rails, mounts, and accessories.

The SGA Stock features a spacer system for length of pull adjustment, improved grip ergonomics, recoil-reducing butt-pad, optional cheek risers for use with optics/raised sights, and other accessories.

Magpul | Unfair Advantage

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like to see a full pic of it on an 870. i like some of the stuff they put out. the stocks are pretty good, but well see how good they are on a shotgun soon i guess.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wonder is if they kept the same angle in the stock so that our learned site picture and mount are the same. Doesn't look like it from the pics.
That's because they used a screen shot from counter strike to design that stock. The drop at the heel and comb on that stock looks like its cut for a ninja. If you are used to the non ninja heel and comb drop stocks made for 'Merican fighters of a normal size, they look like they will take some getting used to.

People that have mastered these weapons online will have no problem stepping up to these stocks after they use air soft versions first for familiarization to win a few levels and earn the 7 star general rank......

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What the hell an 870 sporting Plastic?? Whats this world coming too.............Damn Xbox generation.................

I kidd, I kidd............(not really) Nothing more tactical than WOOD!!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMO it looks terrible... just get a Knoxx system....
My 870 is still stock because I haven't found one I like yet... Well except the knoxx but I havent purchased it yet.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really like Magpul as they offer good products and great value but there is just something wrong with that setup. The front grip looks like typical magpul hardware, the buttstock is down right fugly bat mobile crap. Actually, it looks like that fuglynbenellimnova pump...man, I've always hated that design.

Those two just don't match in terms of design, let's hope they are from a different "series" or something.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like Magpul as they offer good products and great value but there is just something wrong with that setup. The front grip looks like typical magpul hardware, the buttstock is down right fugly bat mobile crap. Actually, it looks like that fuglynbenellimnova pump...man, I've always hated that design.

Those two just don't match in terms of design, let's hope they are from a different "series" or something.
It's clear they are going after the unreality web gamer types with that stock. They literally took a screen shot of a gamer weapon and copied it to the tee. Way out of proportion and looks to have no useful drop at the comb and heel.

People are going to buy it on looks alone so they can look like their online character. To get a proper sight picture you will have to put your head on that thing so funky any real useable defense ammo is gonna beat the snot out of the bone just under your eye. But hey, thy gonna look Kool doing it......

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want a Mesa Tactical High tube buttstock with either a Magpul Moe/CTR or M93 buttstock and the forend, an Ergo aluminum railed forend, along with an Aimtech Warhammer top rail.

Eotech 512 and MBUS front and rear sights.

Looks and weight be damned.

But this forend and buttstock doesn't do anything for me.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SHOTGUN ACCESSORIES - SGA™ Stock - Remington 870 Shotgun

I thought I'd reserve judgement until I saw it on an 870, found a pic on their website. It's officially fugly, and doesn't even look practical like the other blacktical stocks out there.

Wow, that picture says it all. There is zero drop at the heel and comb on that thing.

This is a true ninja piece of hardware. Only people who get suited up and put the shotgun next to them as they game on the unreality web will think its functional.

Wtf are they thinking. That gun won't point worth a darn and will plain beat the snot out of your face upon recoil. But it's gonna go great with the rest of their ninja setup.

I hope magpul makes a bunch of money on this one......

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so much hate on someone no one has here has tried. LOP is adjustable via spacers, interchangeable cheek risers for ghost rings/red dot optics, sling mounts, QD socket mounts. What other stock does this? Pistol grip stocks dont work for everyone either.

Wait until its out to actually knock on it

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It might be usable without the cheek piece.

so much hate on someone no one has here has tried. LOP is adjustable via spacers, interchangeable cheek risers for ghost rings/red dot optics, sling mounts, QD socket mounts. What other stock does this? Pistol grip stocks dont work for everyone either.

Wait until its out to actually knock on it
Without the cheek piece, you might be able to get your head down to see the sights without it beating your face up too much, but you'd still have to drop your head down pretty low. Doesn't look comfortable at all from the pics. Never mind the fact it's butt ugly, looks like it was designed to be used as a club when you run out of ammo!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Without the cheek piece, you might be able to get your head down to see the sights without it beating your face up too much, but you'd still have to drop your head down pretty low. Doesn't look comfortable at all from the pics. Never mind the fact it's butt ugly, looks like it was designed to be used as a club when you run out of ammo!
Even if you take the cheek pieces off there is still no drop anda shotgun stock needs drop to handle proper. That thing is cut as if were designed for a rifle. Uncomfortable at best and shot to shot recovery will be slower.....

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The fore-end isn't bad and looks par for Magpul. What I'm hung up on is the stock, it looks like it was pulled straight out of Halo! As many have pointed out before me the ergonomics seem completely off. Back to the drawing board Magpul, this design just doesn't do anything new. I'm just not seeing any advantages that stock has to offer. I'm sure people loyal to Magpul will buy it simply because it's Magpul but that's about it. If I'm missing something please fill me in.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts