Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from S.C. Kansas. I saw a link to this site on the Ruger Forum and thought I'd join. I got my first shotgun 44 years ago under the Christmas tree - my M66 Ithaca Super Single 410. When I was a high school senior my Dad gave me my 2nd - a Remington 870 Wingmaster 12. I still have and use both of them.

I've been upland bird hunting almost my whole life. First going out and learning the ropes with Dad and my trusty Daisy BB gun, until I got the Ithaca. My Dad, 4 brothers, children, family and friends still make an annual trip to the western part of our state to pheasant hunt. When I was a kid, every day after I got home off the bus; I'd get the Ithaca, walk out the door where our 1/2 German Shorthair 1/2 English Pointer would greet me, and we'd head to the pasture to chase around quail, or whatever we could find. I don't hunt locally as much as I used to and fish more than hunt, but I still love it when I do.

Late last year, I decided I wanted a little lighter shotgun to carry while walking the long distances out west. I wanted something versatile, and in a pinch one that my wife, or daughters could also use. I also wanted a 20 gauge so I could share ammo with my son (I got him an 870 express when he was old enough). Finally I wanted something that didn't cost a whole bunch and that I felt would be reliable.

Six weeks ago I ordered an 18 1/2" 20-gauge H.D. barrel from Mossberg that was only $75.13 including the shipping. My card was charged Tuesday, indicating to me it will be here soon. Wednesday I bought a Mossberg 500 All-Purpose. Dang - the darn thing went up $9 in just that time and is about $30 higher than before all this craziness started. Oh well... Last night I disassembled, cleaned and lubed it. Now I'll wait for the new barrel and hope the weather cooperates so I can give it a test run.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
what ya doin' sunday? come on down to south central ozarks and join the forum shoot!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what ya doin' sunday? come on down to south central ozarks and join the forum shoot!
Sounds like fun, but it's a little too far when I already have another trip planned. I'm going to Texoma striper fishing in a week and a half. I'm sure everyone will have a great time though - thanks! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :cool:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts