Ended up with #5 for $550 including shipping. The extras alone (based on prices from PW) are over $500. Just waiting for it to get here.
Sorry I'm late but I would have said the Hornady... I get the BEST crimps from that machine compared to all the others I have...I'm looking for a new press and I've come up with several options that I need an opinion about.
1. MEC grabber hydrolic. Reconditioned top to bottom, "as from the factory" with 3 bushings and choice of bar for $650 delivered.
2. PW 900 with set up for 20 but comes with 12 ga set as well - looks to be in like new condition. $675 delivered
3. Hornady 366 like new with a ton of bushings for ~$425 delivered.
4. PW 800c for ~$450 delivered.
5. PW 900 tricked out to within the specs of a Patriot. $550 + shipping.
(BTW, I don't know the difference between an 800 c or b. For that matter, I don't know the differed between an 800 and a 900.)
I own MECs, but customer service is not their strength. RCBS, Hornady, and others will send you parts for free, MEC does not. I also had the RCBS Grand and that was a great machine but it was too big for my indoor reloading area - but it had a great feature that would be nice if MEC would adopt - no hull, no powder or shot drop. Everyone who owns a MEC knows to use some form of tray under the machine to catch the spillsI've used MEC Grabbers, all 4 gauges, for over 20 years w. minimal maintenance. Also, MEC has the best customer service in the industry.