Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just got a M500A1, took it out skeet shooting. Thats right, skeet shooting and it did excellent!! at 20 yards! anything pass that was a waste of shells. Fun though and great gun. Shoots excellent with slugs and I can get pretty good groups at 50 yards. Love shooting slugs at gongs at 30-40 yards, makes a great white cloud of lead dust when it hits! haha..

Okay, now I broke the Shotgun forum's virginity!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey all, just got a M500A1, took it out skeet shooting. Thats right, skeet shooting and it did excellent!! at 20 yards! anything pass that was a waste of shells. Fun though and great gun. Shoots excellent with slugs and I can get pretty good groups at 50 yards. Love shooting slugs at gongs at 30-40 yards, makes a great white cloud of lead dust when it hits! haha..

I have a 870 with a smooth bore barrel and I always wondered how well it would perform for skeet or trap. I think I'll stick with the over under.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

500A1 or 590A1?

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reason they work good for skeet target is they are choked as a skeet gun basicly , skeet guns are choked just up from cylinder bore which gives u a wide pattern thats why at 20 yds they do get, now if ya wanted to reach out to a 50 -60 yd trap bird , whole different story , the 590 id a great shottie you did good

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 870 has a cylinder bore in the 18" barrell and my 28" barrell I generally use improved cylinder for skeet. I haven't tried trap shooting but I'm sure I would have to go to modified or full choke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts