Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are lookig for a Knoxx shotgun stock, now seems to be the time to pick one up. Opticsplanet.com has them on sale for $95.95 and free shipping!

Just wanted to pass the info along to my fellow XD Talkers!!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive always wanted one for my mossberg 14" AOW but the pistol grip versions just look too weird. i might try one someday but for now the hogue pistol grip helps enough

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up a used non recoil reducing Knoxx stock on the cheap for a beater mossberg I have...not bad at all. The grip is much better then the ATI M4 style stocks.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually traded in my Mossberg towards an 870, because I found the position of the safety to be a bit awkward with a pistol grip stock. With a regular stock, it's fine, and there was nothing wrong with the gun itself.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually traded in my Mossberg towards an 870, because I found the position of the safety to be a bit awkward with a pistol grip stock. With a regular stock, it's fine, and there was nothing wrong with the gun itself.
really? Most people indicate for a pistol grip they like the mossberg better becuase of the tang safety. I personally like my 870s better, not for the safety but I just like them better. My 500 is a beater knockaround trunk gun and it's still a great great shotgun.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It always seemed a bit awkward for me. I can see there's less risk of accidentally making the weapon hot with the Mossberg, but if I'm walking through the woods at night, and I happen across a coyote, I want something I feel confident with. With just a straight buttstock, I'd have kept the Mossberg. I bought a 500 Persuader back in 02, and never had the slightest problem with it. I made the mistake of buying the ATI top folder stock for it... won't be repeating that one. I just installed a full Knoxx SpecOps stock on my 870.. gimme a minute, and I can post a photo.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made the mistake with the ATI M4 style stock...bought at a show and listed it here for 10 dollars less then I paid for it....I think it was on the mossberg for less than an hour.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Running bird shot through my Mossberg, the ATI was perfectly fine. Put buckshot or slugs through it, and it didn't do so well. Put a recoil pad on it, and you'll never get it to lock in place while it's folded, which makes it effectively pointless.
Here's my 870, as is. Forgive the poor photo quality. My camera has an "auto flash" feature which never seems to agree with me about when the flash becomes necessity:

I'm going to get that add on kit with the battery storage, shotshell holder, and cheek rest, and probably just a Mako fore end I can attach a light to. Don't see much need for anything else beyond that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts