Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Do you NEED 8+1 or are you just trying to make it look cool? Have you shot it? Taken SD/HD courses and learned about reloading the mag on the fly? If your plan is to just hunker down behind a locked door while waiting for the cops, what you have is fine. Extensions might work fine; sometimes they can bind, especially if they get slightly bent; they add a lot of extra weight at the muzzle making the gun very awkward to swing on target and get into action.

Try shooting it as is for a few months and then revisit that thought.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The purpose of the shotgun is Home Defense! But I would like to take it out to shoot clay and sometime down the road Hunt. But I know my tactical 18.5" barrel is not made for hunting so I would get another field barrel.
But the +2 Ext tube would be good to have on my tactical to give me that 6+1.
The +4 would be more for Skeet shooting and or hunting.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The purpose of the shotgun is Home Defense! But I would like to take it out to shoot clay and sometime down the road Hunt. But I know my tactical 18.5" barrel is not made for hunting so I would get another field barrel.
But the +2 Ext tube would be good to have on my tactical to give me that 6+1.
The +4 would be more for Skeet shooting and or hunting.
A +4 for skeet shooting?!?! What club let's you on the field with 8 rds in a gun?!? What would you be hunting that would allow/need that round count for? You can't hunt migratory birds that way and upland birds, few opportunities arise for that many shots before you would have beyond ample time to reload and take a sip of water. With 8 rds your shots at crossing birds/targets would be hard as that is a lot of weight carrying momentum to change direction in an instant.

To know the future is to be trapped by it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts