Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bragging I guess. I bought my first shotgun 1.5 years ago.

I thought, at age 80, I should have a new hobby. I hadn't shot a gun of any kind in over 60 years prior.

I shoot Trap; Wobble Trap and some Skeet with my Citori CX 12 gauge.

A month ago I finally killed 25 Trap birds. Yesterday, after a few 23 and 24 sessions over the last few weeks, I shot 50 straight Wobble Trap clays.

I only shoot twice a week, 50 shells at a time. On to Skeet tomorrow! I set a goal to kill 25 in Trap, Wobble and Skeet this summer. We shall see.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just bragging I guess. I bought my first shotgun 1.5 years ago.

I thought, at age 80, I should have a new hobby. I hadn't shot a gun of any kind in over 60 years prior.

I shoot Trap; Wobble Trap and some Skeet with my Citori CX 12 gauge.

A month ago I finally killed 25 Trap birds. Yesterday, after a few 23 and 24 sessions over the last few weeks, I shot 50 straight Wobble Trap clays.

I only shoot twice a week, 50 shells at a time. On to Skeet tomorrow! I set a goal to kill 25 in Trap, Wobble and Skeet this summer. We shall see.
Like they say, it isn't bragging if you can do it! Congratulations!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,025 Posts
50 Straight in Wobble trap is a huge accomplishment.

Skeet's easier, but not easy by any means.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shot Sporting Clays twice. You are correct, it is much harder than Trap or Skeet. I also shot Five Stand a few times, and I found that difficult. Like anything, the more you do it, the less you will be surprised by the angles and speeds, I suspect.

However, Wobble Trap is very interesting to me. You simply do not know what angle or height the bird is coming/going from. I like it best of all, especially on a windy day.

·
Super Moderator
1,025 Posts
If you like Wobble on a windy day, you'll absolutely love Sporting Clays on a windy day. I know I do.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Rich, IMHO you have the right to brag a bit! You have done extremely well, my friend.
I have been hoping that ammo availability would improve this year so that I could bring you over to my club and repay you for your hospitality at your club. Sooner or later....

·
Super Moderator
6,691 Posts
I shot Sporting Clays twice. You are correct, it is much harder than Trap or Skeet. I also shot Five Stand a few times, and I found that difficult. Like anything, the more you do it, the less you will be surprised by the angles and speeds, I suspect.

However, Wobble Trap is very interesting to me. You simply do not know what angle or height the bird is coming/going from. I like it best of all, especially on a windy day.
If you like that challenge, fins a club (most likely in Texas) that throws ZZs. Meant to simulate live pigeons, you do not know which trap will launch, nor which direction it will go. Being composed of a plastic propeller and a plastic witness cap, it takes more than a few pellets to separate the two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts