Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got my 590A1 20" barrel with extended tube and ghost ring sights about two weeks ago. I shot it the first time last week and put 40 rounds of slugs through. Came home and gave it a little clean with some hoppes Solvent and oil using a bore snake. Today I wanted to break it down and really clean it with frog lube clp and paste I just got. I took the barrel off and looked inside to see what looks like fouling but I could be wrong. I see it at the bottom of the barrel by where the action would be and at the muzzle. What do you guys think it is? If its jus fouling I plan to clean it with some good bore cleaner and if not then I guess I'll have to send it back to mossberg. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
If a white swab is dragged through it and it comes out reddish brown, then it is probably rust. However, if there is no pitting, I wouldn't worry about it. I would clean it thoroughly using some Kroil, which, if you don't already know, is a solvent / penetrant / rust preventative. The CLP may do the job; I use both, but like the Kroil better for that particular condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts