Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm doing this right. I have inherited a Ithaca (SKB) - 20 gauge - over and under from my father and it is in good condition

I believe the model number is - 600 .

I don't know if it means anything, but it has a gold trigger.

The serial number is - CF666173

If possible I'd like to know the date it was manufactured and possibly what it might be worth and any other information that might be pertinent.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
SKB Shotguns: FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

How old is my gun?

We only have records of firearms that we have imported. SKB Shotguns USA does not have access to records from previous importers. Typically we have information available for guns with serial number prefixes of NS, NSG, NA, and AS. Shotguns imported by "Ithaca Gun Company" were manufactured from 1969 to 1978. Shotguns imported by Mitsui (Chicago, IL) were manufactured from 1981 to 1984.

Update: Called Ithaca and they say all they can tell is they were manufactured between 1966-1978. They said they don't believe anyone has the serial numbers nor did they save the serial numbers after the sale of the original Ithaca gun company. She believes those records were destroyed. Good luck.

From your serial number i'm going to wager a guess of JAN "1" of"73" OR JUN "6" of "66"
(There seems to be a discrepency of 3 years between SKB and ithaca's data.) If I were a betting man, I'd bet on the "73".

They did say those earlier SKB's were hand engraved and fetched a good dollar. I saw an appraisal for a Model 600 20 guage that said in 99% condition should fetch $900.00 + 20% for being 20 guage. I would ask an appraisor for sure though. Hope this helps you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts