Hornady 366H in 12ga
MEC 9000GN in 12ga
MEC 600Jr in 12ga
MEC 9000GN in 20ga
MEC 600Jr in 16ga

·
Registered
99 Posts
I load on 3 MEC's. A 650 that was purchased back in the early 70's. A MEC Case Conditioner full length resizer and deprimer, again purchased in the 70's. And a 8657 Grabber that I bought in the mid 90's. All 3 are still running strong after almost 40 years and countless thousands of rounds. At present I see no reason to upgrade.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I load on 3 MEC's. A 650 that was purchased back in the early 70's. A MEC Case Conditioner full length resizer and deprimer, again purchased in the 70's. And a 8657 Grabber that I bought in the mid 90's. All 3 are still running strong after almost 40 years and countless thousands of rounds. At present I see no reason to upgrade.

Looking good....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I load on a MEC Grabber. I've never used any other shotshell reloaders, but I find the Grabber easy to use.
Just started this year. I've already used up 50 lbs of shot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I load on a MEC Grabber. I've never used any other shotshell reloaders, but I find the Grabber easy to use.
Just started this year. I've already used up 50 lbs of shot.
Grabber is a nice model... Enjoy the world of reloading!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I started on a MEC Sizemaster but it wouldn't keep up when I started shooting skeet and trap. I had a Ponsness Warren for a while but ended up with a hydraulic-powered MEC that I still use for 12 ga. For 20 ga. it's another Sizemaster.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
762 grabber for 12ga 1oz skeet, individual mec 600jrs for every other ga.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Two MEC 600 Jr's, one in 12 and one in 20......Robin

·
Registered
145 Posts
Lee Load All for slugs and buck

Mec 550 Jr for birdshot.. was given it free in 20 GA and converted it to 12 GA

·
Registered
14 Posts
My buddies and I shoot 1000's rounds with my whitewing thrower, how do I get started in reloading and is it cheaper? I have (2) 12 ga and (1) 20ga. what shell brand best for reload so I shoot the right stuff upfront. and collect shells and then what? this looks like fun.................

·
Registered
11 Posts
For the most part I load standard stuff with a Lee Hand loader for either 20 ga or 12 ga. Most of these are plastic shells and I don't do them often as factory loads are fairly inexpensive around here.

Now for my black powder stuff in 12 ga. I use Magtech brass shells and that I use a Lee Classic Cast press with a Hornady Lock-N-Load Press and Die Conversion Bushing Kit which I can use it for standard 7/8 x 14 thread dies as a quick change or remove the conversion bushing using it for 1 1/4 x 12 dies. I use RCBS Cowboy dies for loading my Magtech shot shells usually with FFg black powder. The brass shells are often good for 10 to 15 reloads and use felt type wads not the plastic wads and I don't crimp but glue the over shot wad in place with wood Bordon's Wood glue. It works well too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dillon 900 with multiple tool heads to make changing loads easy. When running well, it'll put out around 700 rounds an hour. I can get about a dozen reloads out of Winchester and Remington hulls. The Dillon isn't cheap, but it's a quality set up and the company has a no BS warranty that I've used to replace components that were compromised because of operator error. Yeah, I screwed up and they took care of the problem anyway. My pistol cartridge reloader is a Dillon 650 XL. And it kicks out about 400 to 500 rounds an hour. Good company, good products, great warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 3 Mec Jrs I use; one in 12, one in 16, and one in 20 gauge. They worked the best for me because I didn't have a dedicated shotshell reloading bench, so these could be "C" clamped and moved around as needed. Simple easy to use and just fine for the amount of trap shooting I did. Don't shoot shotguns much any more, but I still have my Mecs.

We also had a Hornady progressive that was a nice machine, a bit more complicated than the Mecs'. It was my Brothers. I didn't use it much because it took up too much room compared to my Mecs.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts