Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the economy is bad, yet everywhere i travel, i see new construction, roads, highrises, and new homes going up all the time. the roads are crammed with NEW cars and i know that every one of them is burning 100.00 of gas a week. i just dont buy the whining that we are doing bad as a nation. agree?

·
Registered
65 Posts
False ecomomy...new cars are mostly leases and everything is on credit and over extended. The banks and wall street are in on it to make money so they care not the long term effects

·
Registered
48 Posts
DirtyMike is right. Everyone buys on credit until they can't get any more and then they file for bankrupcy. Meanwhile, the Chinese buy up all our dept and hard assets. Slowly but surely the financial solvency of the US is eroding away. It's just a matter of time until we wind up like the USSR. I feel sorrow for out children/grandchildren.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The housing market around here is nuts, houses are selling and changing hands within weeks of going on the market. it cant be that bad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Federal Government forces lenders to give housing loans to borrowers who have no chance of repaying the loan. Housing isn't a real good indication of the state of the economy.

The economic figures are manipulated by the government so as to make things look rosy. They'll keep feeding us rainbow stew as long as we'll lap it up.

DC

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Good question Bob, It kinda depends where you are located, My county is kinda strange, the eastern part is rural with miles upon miles of open fields used for cattle grazing, the county seat is fairly industrialized with some pretty large manufacturers doing well and expanding. One business that has continued to expand is the TV and Movie making biz. The county square has historical charm and the buildings well maintained and kept up. Heat of the night TV series was filmed there and now currently the hit "vampire diaries" is in production, and a spin off has been announced to be filmed in the town. Triple Horse productions recently announced they are going to build a 100 million dollar production studio in the city and will employ 200+ employees. The developed and suburban western part of the county was hard hit by the recession with a ton of foreclosures and development halted and has not resumed.
My old county and ex-employer was heavily hit with the recession with a lot of foreclosures. The population was majority black and many had houses they really could not afford but the Feds had forced through approval of loans way beyond what they could really afford. When one of the owners or their spouse got laid-off instead of selling the Mercedes or BMW's, they defaulted on the House Loan payments and lost the property. Which illustrates the thought process of many citizens and the politics that got us into this mess to start with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts