Shotgun Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nothin' like setting the bar sky-freaking-high with the first post! :rolleyes:
Nice ride. Big engine, little car. Always a good combo. No pics, but there's a '66 Barracuda in the garage. 273/auto, but not the Commando. Gave it to my boy on his 16th birthday. It's waiting for him to get a house so he can come get it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nothin' like setting the bar sky-freaking-high with the first post! :rolleyes:
Nice ride. Big engine, little car. Always a good combo. No pics, but there's a '66 Barracuda in the garage. 273/auto, but not the Commando. Gave it to my boy on his 16th birthday. It's waiting for him to get a house so he can come get it.
The first car my dad let me drive up in Shasta county, Cali on a gravel road at age 12 was a dark red, fastback 'cuda

My snake has a port matched EFI Ford racing engine 514 with 580 HP and 622 Ft Pds at the crank

No worries, am not a snob, like all performance rigs, old and new

·
Registered
150 Posts
The first car my dad let me drive up in Shasta county, Cali on a gravel road at age 12 was a dark red, fastback 'cuda

My snake has a port matched EFI Ford racing engine 514 with 580 HP and 622 Ft Pds at the crank

No worries, am not a snob, like all performance rigs, old and new
I guess a picture of my `93 suburban with 240,000 miles on it would be out of place. :D LOL--- Seriously, that IS a nice ride. Love the lines of it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
580 HP and 622 ft lbs torque, I converted the 514 Ford Racing motor to Holley EFI

6 speed Richmond transmission with custom hydraulic activation

All SS braided hoses/lines

All black leather interior with Mercedes wool carpets

16 CDs in the trunk with a 600 watt amp. In dash cassette player/CD controller

Custom aluminum fuel cell, increased capacity

crossdrilled and vented disc brakes

Bear/Strange Engineering Ford 9 inch live axle rear. going to modify with IRS at some point

Custom aluminum radiator and custom mounted oil cooler with manual switched fan

Paint is dark burgundy cherry pearl with ghosted titanium stripes and logos

CNC Rebel wheels with Perelli P Zero tires

My daily driver is a 1974 Scout 2 ~ 4 x 4 ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! Silver and black are my colors and my customized Yamaha V Max has the same theme

What's under the hood?

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Yeah I fell in love with it as soon as I saw the color! It's got a 428 FE in it now with a C6 transmission. The rear end gears are kind of weak (2.73) so I want to swap those out soon.

I'd love to have the power that yours has so I've been looking around at all aluminum blocks to help shed the weight and add another 100 hp or so :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I had an 80 year old man who was a member of the old Petty Racing team port match the Edelbrock Torker 2 intake, that boosted the torque + 40 and made it a lot smoother. She's just as pretty under the hood. I high polished the intake, water pump and valve covers and clear ceramic coated them

Here's how it looked when I first converted it and before the port matching and a different air filter system

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, you guys did a fine job of killing this thread with those snakes!!

I guess I will just have to post up a pic of my garage.

;) :)

bob

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I had an 80 year old man who was a member of the old Petty Racing team port match the Edelbrock Torker 2 intake, that boosted the torque + 40 and made it a lot smoother. She's just as pretty under the hood. I high polished the intake, water pump and valve covers and clear ceramic coated them

Here's how it looked when I first converted it and before the port matching and a different air filter system

That's awesome! How much better do you like the fuel injection?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's awesome! How much better do you like the fuel injection?
The Demon carb was totally unsuited for that car.. it pulls so much G force and sticks to the road so well that the bowls would overflow into the venturis on any tight corner, flooding the engine. I gave it away to my transmission mechanic

EFI has been a wonder, although the first guy I took it to for programming was a charlatan. The next guy was a wizard and a real bargain $$ wise, to boot

Note.. that engine pic is before I high polished stuff.. it is blinding bright now

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Hmmm interesting. Maybe I will look into fuel injecting mine. Do you think I would pick up any power with my old 428 by doing this? What brand would you recommend?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmm interesting. Maybe I will look into fuel injecting mine. Do you think I would pick up any power with my old 428 by doing this? What brand would you recommend?
I can only speak for Holley but it's great.. I don't think it boosted HP that much but smoothness and driveability? Way up

You will need to find a local guy with the programming knowledge and equipment and a good dyno to fine tune it. My guy did great but even so I had a little cold starting issue and he came and fine tuned it in my driveway with a laptop, perfect now. Shop around because there are few who can do it right

BTW mine is port injected, will require a machinist to mill out for the 8 individual injectors if you go that way

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just realized the old Demon carb was still on in that pic.. it was replaced with the Holley throttle body air system. There are more SS braided lines now too.. fuel feed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I guess to give this a little variety I will have to post mine.

Ford 460, Crower cam, Edelbrock Intake and carb, Sanderson Shorty headers feeding into a Flowmaster 70 series (2 in/ 2 out) feeding a C6......and a NP205.

Yep, it may not run on the track with you guys, but it will go anywhere I feel like going, except up a wall!

1978 Ford E250 Quadravan, converted to 4x4 by Pathfinder. Running a Dana 60 rear and a Dana 44 front. Captains chairs (3), fold out bench and a propane catalytic heater mounted in it rounds out quite the rig for winter sports. It will cruise all day at 70+, and when needed it will grunt along at 5mph.

Is it really a hot rod, no, not really, although the engine would probably make a decent addition to a Mustang or even a Fairlane. Now maybe someone else will jump in. ;)

bob

1 - 20 of 36 Posts