Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

any thoughts, experience? looking to add one and not sure..leaning HiViz because the fiber optic is interchangeable and brings red and green

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ended up with the hi-viz tactical, and i still had to shave off some plastic for the forward sling mount to work. but took it off because it would pop off after every shot

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think I would have went with the truglo. It looks like it has an indentation to center it on the bead........Robin

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
its a shotgun, what do you need a front site for? seriously. is this a slug gun?

Reactions: RKB

·
Registered
721 Posts
They will both work well if your goal is to miss the target

·
Registered
54 Posts
TruGlo

I prefer TruGlo's products. IMHO they're noticeably brighter especially the red.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
When I'm shooting a shotgun, the LAST thing I want to see is a bead/front sight. When I am doing it right, my eyes are locked on the front edge of the bird. If I see a sight while I am swinging, it means I am looking back at the barrel and 'checking' it - also known as 'measuring' - result - lost target.
YMMV

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
but...I must admit, those sites are nice for night shooting. its not sharp and in focus, but its a good ref point for bbl swing.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
low light on foggy days or sunset, early sunrise....

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
If you can see the bird, point the gun, shoot the bird. Just like clays, the eye cannot focus on close and far at the same time. If you are looking at your sights then you are not looking at your bird.

Amazing the success folks had before the gizmos and marketing took over....... ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
uh....I mentioned it was a blur...only a ref. I don't even see a bbl when I shoot. but.....on low light days, I see it and it helps me from getting vertigo. im sure others do too.
now understand, none of my guns have it...its when I shoot others guns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts