Shotgun Forums banner

Got my Short Barrel in today

2208 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Danny555

Nothing special. In fact its in very poor shape. Picked it up off of gun broker for 44 bucks shipped. At some point all the blue was worn off and someone brush painted it. The PO tried to clean it and all the paint came off so it's almost in the white but not quite. For 35 bucks I can have Mossberg refinish it, or when I paint either my savage 22 or my Winchester model 12 with duracoat I can paint this barrel then too. For half the cost of new I'm certainly not going to complain. it's also missing the front bead and the sling swivel. Luckily I had a sling swivel for it. The bead, not so much but for Home Defense I don't really care. I can always pick one up later. The shot gun is a Westernfield 550, basically a Mossberg 500 I picked up for 50 bucks a few years ago with a celect o choke. I does still need new springs, extractors and ejector. After that's done I'd getting an adjustable buttstock with pistol grip and as much as I had a front fore with a handle on it, this one is going to get it. It's practicable in an emergency situation. I'll be able to rack it one handed if need be.

T.C.
See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Nice! Perfect deal for HD!
Get a trijicon tritium front bead, they are cheap
Nice! Perfect deal for HD!
Yep. I agree. I have not seen a select-a choke in a while. Should make a fine home gun.
I would not care to be on the business end of that shotgun! Nice home defense addition
for that price, sure sounds like a fun project to get her back to life. Good deal
why dump good money in a cheap gun? id keep it just the way it is. part of the joy is...it was cheap! fyi, you cant use a pgs as a baseball bat. id leave it stock.
why dump good money in a cheap gun? id keep it just the way it is. part of the joy is...it was cheap! fyi, you cant use a pgs as a baseball bat. id leave it stock.
Cheap gun or not it's a great weapon. Why wouldn't I set it up the way I want it? It's no different than putting money into an "expensive" gun.

I did buy a truglo front long bead sight for it. Still need to get out and shoot.
Nice find and rescue! Its a "git-r-dun" gun fir sure!
Its is really nice gun and i agree with you.Thanx for sharing this post.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.