Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my boyfriend an Fn slp but it is the 22 inch barrel instead of the 18 inch. His birthday is next week. did I make a mistake? He likes competition (3 gun matches I think). What bullets do I get? other than killing zombies on call of duty, I have no idea about guns. thanks for any help

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Most 3 gunners want Benelli M2s but the SLP is pretty popular. Most 3 gun matches you will use around 75 rounds of 7 1/2 bird shot (whatever is cheap) and 25 slugs. But really what he will NEED is a bunch of 12 gauge snap caps to practice his reloading at least 8.

Traditions Performance Firearms Plastic Shotgun Snap Cap (12 Gauge): Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

If you can find someone who reloads shotgun they will normally make you some inert rounds with the right weight for way cheaper then snap caps.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
some bulk field load. Like the 100 round boxes at walmart.

they're fun for practice and breaking in a new gun. Winchester and Federal are what they usually stock.

You should be asking what he needs to buy you now.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
some bulk field load. Like the 100 round boxes at walmart.

they're fun for practice and breaking in a new gun. Winchester and Federal are what they usually stock.

You should be asking what he needs to buy you now.
I can think of a few things. and some of them are SHINY!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks everyone! can't take a picture just yet. I have carefully hidden it in the house and he is already snooping around. the case is super cool. I ordered a package of socks on amazon so there would be an unopened amazon cardboard box sitting in the living room. that has thrown him off the trail.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks everyone! can't take a picture just yet. I have carefully hidden it in the house and he is already snooping around. the case is super cool. I ordered a package of socks on amazon so there would be an unopened amazon cardboard box sitting in the living room. that has thrown him off the trail.
ninja!! :twisted:

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hell yeah! My bday was Monday and since I had been talking about an XDS for a while she was planning on getting me that....until I brought one home 3 weeks ago. So, without skipping a beat she went out and surprised me with a new AR15!

Pulled the same trick, ordered exhaust gaskets from Dennis Kirk (knew I needed some for my chopper) and had them send them in a big box (I'm guessing you girls stick together) and left it with the recycling....I was clueless....

Crap...I think this means I need to pick up the pace on looking for something shiny huh?

NICE WORK!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First, welcome to the forum zombiegirl13! While some forums can be demeaning to newbies, this one is generally not so. We try to be as informative and helpful as possible here, which is why I use this forum over others.

Second, you are well on your way to the "coolest girlfriend ever" award with this gift! If I find a girl that will, of her own volition, buy me a high quality gun like that for my birthday, I'd marry her in a second! Please feel free to refer any single, and similarly minded friends you have to me, especially if the live in Northern VA ;)

Please let us know how it goes when you give him the gift :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.