Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone -

I recently purchased a Franchi Affinity shotgun brand new. Took it out for deer hunting this last weekend as I am in a slug zone in MN. Wanted to shoot at a target to see how it would shoot slugs. I took my first shot and it shot clean and straight, no problems, but when I went to shoot the second shot I pulled the trigger and the hammer would not release forward. I tried again, unloaded the gun put a shell in the chamber and released the bolt forward, put a second shell into the magazine. First shot was clean no problems but again the second shot the hammer would not release. Did not get a click just the hammer stuck. I took the trigger out and examined it pulling the hammer back and pulling the trigger and the hammer was getting stuck. It is completely clean and I tried oiling it again as well. The only way that the trigger would release the hammer is if I pushed the hammer forward a little bit then the trigger would release the hammer. Tried some bird shot loads and had the same problem as I did when firing the rifled slugs. Anyone have any idea of what the problem could be here or why the hammer is getting stuck?

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone -

I recently purchased a Franchi Affinity shotgun brand new. Took it out for deer hunting this last weekend as I am in a slug zone in MN. Wanted to shoot at a target to see how it would shoot slugs. I took my first shot and it shot clean and straight, no problems, but when I went to shoot the second shot I pulled the trigger and the hammer would not release forward. I tried again, unloaded the gun put a shell in the chamber and released the bolt forward, put a second shell into the magazine. First shot was clean no problems but again the second shot the hammer would not release. Did not get a click just the hammer stuck. I took the trigger out and examined it pulling the hammer back and pulling the trigger and the hammer was getting stuck. It is completely clean and I tried oiling it again as well. The only way that the trigger would release the hammer is if I pushed the hammer forward a little bit then the trigger would release the hammer. Tried some bird shot loads and had the same problem as I did when firing the rifled slugs. Anyone have any idea of what the problem could be here or why the hammer is getting stuck?
Take it back. Don't try to repair it yourself or bear the cost of a gunsmith. If you fool with it you could negate the warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts