Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some asking, researching, comparing, holding, etc. I ended up with a used CZ Canvasback (build by Huglu in Turkey). The action and safety was much more smooth and solid than anything else I looked at in my price range (up to $500).

I've taken it to the skeet range a couple times already. I like the way it shoots, but it probably doesn't like the way *I* shoot :oops:. It is also not too tough on the shoulder, even in stock form. With a different buttpad, it should be even better.

In any event, add my name to the list that are fans of this affordable clay-shooter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a CZ Redhead Deluxe & it has been stellar! I've not found any deficiencies in it at all.
I've had Rugers, Brownings etc & this shoots just as well as they did at half the cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a Redhead Deluxe and couldn't be happier. It's a great field gun and the mechanics are just as good as my Brownings and Berettas. The only difference between the CZs and the B Guns are the quality of the stocks, checkering, and engraving.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow, 3 CZ owners in one thread, (another happy Redhead Deluxe owner here).

Congrats!

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a DeHaan 16 ga. SXS, I got 2nd hand, other than the 12ga. proportions I am pleased. It is fixed IC/M and does well on doves. The aesthetics are great. I have since purchased a 28 ga. mini I plan to take on a long walk. It has screw-ins and patterns well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm also looking for an affordable over under for shooting clays. Thinking about the Tristar Setter, but I'll take a look at CZ. I just can't shell out 2 to 3 grand for a shotgun. Wish I could, but get real.
Thanks,
Donnie D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ended up putting a Mossberg Silver Reserve 12 Ga on layaway yesterday. Hope it turns out to be a good gun.

Donnie D :D:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to the gun shop just before Christmas looking for a new .45. I looked at the long guns on the rack and spotted a 28" Huglu 103D (which is now the CZ Redhead). It was in 95% condition with just a mark or two on the wood. It came with the original box and all the chokes - great price that I got down to $400 including tax.

I've had high end guns including a Kreighoff that I simply couldn't shoot well no matter how I adjusted the stock. I've owned a high end Huglu before and never should have sold it. This 103 felt just like the last one and when I took it out to the pasture with a Lightning thrower and bio birds, it seemed like I couldn't miss.

Pretty gun that fits and functions like a good gun should - regardless of price.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gonna pick up my Mossberg Silver Reserve 12 Ga I put on lay a way Saturday. Can't wait. :D

Donnie D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I shoot a 12 Ga Redhead O/U Target, and a 12 Ga S/S Ringneck Target. Both CZ-USA Huglu. I like these guns very much. They both shoot well, The S/S use Miller Chokes, the O/V use Bailey Chokes. I like to shoot B&P Comp.1 #8 one Oz.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a CZ Uplander SxS 20 gauge small frame a few weeks ago. Couldn't be happier excellent little shotgun. First SxS. Looking for a 28 gauge in the SXS as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts