Shotgun Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my Remington 870 Tactical I picked up a couple months ago. I've been collecting some parts for it here and there and finally got it to how its pictured now. Its still a work in progress. I haven't decided on a replacement forend yet, still need side saddles, and I'm waiting on a mount for the red dot from LaRue so I can co-witness with some Magpul MBUS Gen 2's I have.

Current Accessories:
- Black Aces Tactical quadrail (it was originally black. I had it stripped and anodized clear. I'm still not sure if I like the look yet)
-Aimpoint Micro H-1
-Mesa Tactical LEO stock adapter
-ITT Shot Shock buffer tube
-Magpul CTR mil-spec stock

Well let me know what you guys think and hopefully someone will have a recommendation for a good forend.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks pretty crazy! How do you like the stock on there? I own the same 870 and have been thinking about a collapsible stock.
I just installed tbe stock setup about a half hour ago so i havent had a chance to officially use it yet but so far i really like it. Im really looking forward to trying out the ITT shot shock buffer tube. It claims 70% reduction in felt recoil.

That thing looks ******. How heavy is that rail setup?

bad ass is censored? seriously? Now were just getting ridiculous.
Lol thanks man. I don't remember the exact weight of the rail but it does add a decent amount of weight to the front.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have always been a fan of function over form. That Shotgun looks pretty intimidating its just not what I would use. I would either get the Benelli M2 with 8 shell tube or the Mossberg 930 SPX.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like massive over kill to me.:oops:

Black Aces Tactical quadrail - for what exactly?
Aimpoint Micro H-1 - an HD shotty is pretty much point and shoot, a bead is plenty to aim with IHMO..
Magpul CTR mil-spec stock - I can almost see this as useful.

But keep in mind a perfect HD shotgun for me is this ....

I don't need or want the tactical BS on it..

You asked...

As for your forend...

Amazon.com: SureFire 618LMG Remington 870 Shotgun Forend 100-Lumen LED Weapon Light with Constant-On & Disable Switch: Home Improvement

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to admit, it looks bad @$$

I think it looks really cool, but I would have left it black. It could also be practical, stick a flashlight on there, and maybe a chainsaw bayonet. Perfect zombie gun.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it looks really cool, but I would have left it black. It could also be practical, stick a flashlight on there, and maybe a chainsaw bayonet. Perfect zombie gun.
Yea I'm starting to think I should have left it black as well. I just wanted something different. I will be puttin some stuff on the forward rails soon. A chainsaw bayonet would be awesome lol

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like massive over kill to me.:oops:

Black Aces Tactical quadrail - for what exactly?
Aimpoint Micro H-1 - an HD shotty is pretty much point and shoot, a bead is plenty to aim with IHMO..
Magpul CTR mil-spec stock - I can almost see this as useful.

But keep in mind a perfect HD shotgun for me is this ....

I don't need or want the tactical BS on it..

You asked...
+1 Im a sucker for wood stocks on shottys. looks good!

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm also with 1LL; when it comes to a fighting shotgun, less is more.

These are my first choices as HD shotguns (although my actual HD longarm is an AR...).

Benelli M1S90 tactical:

Or The chopped down Wingmaster (dubbed "Zombmaster"):

The Benelli has a Surefire forend on it now; love it--it would be my first choice between the two every time.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks kinda of futuristic... and heavy

I am old fashioned. Rem 870 with the slug barrel put on and synthetic wood. I wouldn't mind having a 2-3 shot extension and a light... since last time I used it I had to 1 hand shoot s and hold a light with the other hand to knock ***** out of the tree.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's my Remington 870 Tactical I picked up a couple months ago. I've been collecting some parts for it here and there and finally got it to how its pictured now. Its still a work in progress. I haven't decided on a replacement forend yet, still need side saddles, and I'm waiting on a mount for the red dot from LaRue so I can co-witness with some Magpul MBUS Gen 2's I have.

Current Accessories:
- Black Aces Tactical quadrail (it was originally black. I had it stripped and anodized clear. I'm still not sure if I like the look yet)
-Aimpoint Micro H-1
-Mesa Tactical LEO stock adapter
-ITT Shot Shock buffer tube
-Magpul CTR mil-spec stock

Well let me know what you guys think and hopefully someone will have a recommendation for a good forend.

I agree...the Black Aces quadrail...not necessary on that shotgun. The H-1 belongs on an AR, if you have one.
But the Mesa Tactical and the Magpul stock, good call, IMO

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mine's like Lowlife's. American walnut furniture on a Mossberg 500A. It's got an 18.5" barrel that has a meprolight tritium bead on it.

short barrels and wood just look sooo nice...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.