Shotgun Forums banner

Fortress Protecting/Zombie Slaying/TEOTWAWKI Remington 870

6159 Views 21 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  ShotgunPro
Here's my Remington 870 Tactical I picked up a couple months ago. I've been collecting some parts for it here and there and finally got it to how its pictured now. Its still a work in progress. I haven't decided on a replacement forend yet, still need side saddles, and I'm waiting on a mount for the red dot from LaRue so I can co-witness with some Magpul MBUS Gen 2's I have.

Current Accessories:
- Black Aces Tactical quadrail (it was originally black. I had it stripped and anodized clear. I'm still not sure if I like the look yet)
-Aimpoint Micro H-1
-Mesa Tactical LEO stock adapter
-ITT Shot Shock buffer tube
-Magpul CTR mil-spec stock

Well let me know what you guys think and hopefully someone will have a recommendation for a good forend.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Looks pretty crazy! How do you like the stock on there? I own the same 870 and have been thinking about a collapsible stock.
That thing looks ******. How heavy is that rail setup?

bad ass is censored? seriously? Now were just getting ridiculous.
Looks pretty crazy! How do you like the stock on there? I own the same 870 and have been thinking about a collapsible stock.
I just installed tbe stock setup about a half hour ago so i havent had a chance to officially use it yet but so far i really like it. Im really looking forward to trying out the ITT shot shock buffer tube. It claims 70% reduction in felt recoil.

That thing looks ******. How heavy is that rail setup?

bad ass is censored? seriously? Now were just getting ridiculous.
Lol thanks man. I don't remember the exact weight of the rail but it does add a decent amount of weight to the front.

Ditch those rail ladders and add shell holders!
I have always been a fan of function over form. That Shotgun looks pretty intimidating its just not what I would use. I would either get the Benelli M2 with 8 shell tube or the Mossberg 930 SPX.
Looks like massive over kill to me.:oops:

Black Aces Tactical quadrail - for what exactly?
Aimpoint Micro H-1 - an HD shotty is pretty much point and shoot, a bead is plenty to aim with IHMO..
Magpul CTR mil-spec stock - I can almost see this as useful.

But keep in mind a perfect HD shotgun for me is this ....

I don't need or want the tactical BS on it..

You asked...

As for your forend...

Amazon.com: SureFire 618LMG Remington 870 Shotgun Forend 100-Lumen LED Weapon Light with Constant-On & Disable Switch: Home Improvement
See less See more
Looks like massive over kill to me.
You're gonna hate my rig then.

Saiga 12 with folding pistol grip stock and fore grip, tri rail forend, light mount, single point sling, and 20 round drum.

Rabid mutant zombie mountain lions be DAMNED!! :cool:
See less See more
You're gonna hate my rig then.

Saiga 12 with folding pistol grip stock and fore grip, tri rail forend, light mount, single point sling, and 20 round drum.

Rabid mutant zombie mountain lions be DAMNED!! :cool:
At least you utilized your forend rail.....;)
I have to admit, it looks bad @$$

I think it looks really cool, but I would have left it black. It could also be practical, stick a flashlight on there, and maybe a chainsaw bayonet. Perfect zombie gun.
I think it looks really cool, but I would have left it black. It could also be practical, stick a flashlight on there, and maybe a chainsaw bayonet. Perfect zombie gun.
Yea I'm starting to think I should have left it black as well. I just wanted something different. I will be puttin some stuff on the forward rails soon. A chainsaw bayonet would be awesome lol

Cool..looks like something from starship troopers
Looks like massive over kill to me.:oops:

Black Aces Tactical quadrail - for what exactly?
Aimpoint Micro H-1 - an HD shotty is pretty much point and shoot, a bead is plenty to aim with IHMO..
Magpul CTR mil-spec stock - I can almost see this as useful.

But keep in mind a perfect HD shotgun for me is this ....

I don't need or want the tactical BS on it..

You asked...
+1 Im a sucker for wood stocks on shottys. looks good!
I'm also with 1LL; when it comes to a fighting shotgun, less is more.

These are my first choices as HD shotguns (although my actual HD longarm is an AR...).

Benelli M1S90 tactical:

Or The chopped down Wingmaster (dubbed "Zombmaster"):

The Benelli has a Surefire forend on it now; love it--it would be my first choice between the two every time.
See less See more
I would ditch the silver thing and tap the receiver if you feel the need for an optic.

Check out the PR-870 for end.
Dang 1lowlife that's not overkill, wish you could see my saiga, but my pics are locked in wifes car right now.
Looks kinda of futuristic... and heavy

I am old fashioned. Rem 870 with the slug barrel put on and synthetic wood. I wouldn't mind having a 2-3 shot extension and a light... since last time I used it I had to 1 hand shoot s and hold a light with the other hand to knock ***** out of the tree.
Here's my Remington 870 Tactical I picked up a couple months ago. I've been collecting some parts for it here and there and finally got it to how its pictured now. Its still a work in progress. I haven't decided on a replacement forend yet, still need side saddles, and I'm waiting on a mount for the red dot from LaRue so I can co-witness with some Magpul MBUS Gen 2's I have.

Current Accessories:
- Black Aces Tactical quadrail (it was originally black. I had it stripped and anodized clear. I'm still not sure if I like the look yet)
-Aimpoint Micro H-1
-Mesa Tactical LEO stock adapter
-ITT Shot Shock buffer tube
-Magpul CTR mil-spec stock

Well let me know what you guys think and hopefully someone will have a recommendation for a good forend.

I agree...the Black Aces quadrail...not necessary on that shotgun. The H-1 belongs on an AR, if you have one.
But the Mesa Tactical and the Magpul stock, good call, IMO
mine's like Lowlife's. American walnut furniture on a Mossberg 500A. It's got an 18.5" barrel that has a meprolight tritium bead on it.

short barrels and wood just look sooo nice...
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.